>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'
bottom-table-gradient

Old 06-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #16
lebaje
Student in 3D

Send a message via MSN to lebaje Send a message via Skype™ to lebaje
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
only thing i can say is that she got a weird mouth

Fatigue ain't an excuse to failure
lebaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #17
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Lol yea, gonna have to fix that up...
High res version of the street.

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI RADEON 1GB GDDR5.
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Animating the & rendering the first scene

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Old 02-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #19
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
nice progress
could we see an animation test?
Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Yeah sure, here are some test renders... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXjJ...eature=youtube

oh and forgot to mention that she is not going to "take the train" (in a arnold schwarzenegger voice) instead she's gonna ride,.. this changes the name of the first scene from Final Exit to,.. Last ride

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:

Last edited by spartan118; 02-03-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 27-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Update.. redesigned the city, still working on it, and liking where its going
Attached Images

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Old 27-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #22
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
I actually like the pale look of the character in the non-rendered shot above. It makes more sense than a tanned person, seeing the effects of the sun, etc cut out.

Liking the look of the new city

Any animation tests of the character?

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #23
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Pale does make more sense, thanks.. there's a link 2 posts up if you wanna see some test videos.

Some snaps from the city street animation.
Attached Images

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Old 31-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
spartan118

Awards Showcase
I'm gonna take a little break from animating before it bores out and work modelling on the environments and characters that are in the later scenes. Ill start with the city like prison where the the humans are taken after their enslaved by the currently unknown enemy (haven't got the name for em yet). I'm imaging a very futuristic city, driven by slave-labor... I want it to look a bit like killzone3 and like the image below. (art-work by Gobboking... not me)

Stay tuned.
Attached Images

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Old 31-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
i'm looking forward to it
Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
im loving your dedication on this project good luck to you dude

love the atmosphere of you scenes as well

keep going
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Thanks dude,

Actually this gets boring and irritating at times but Iv come too far to stop now... good thing is I get to work on different types of character and environment so it feels fresh every once in a while, especially when work on new scenes that look different from the old.

I'm about to start creating some new sub-characters for the next few scenes... just gathering ref and ideas right now but they should look something like the ones in the last image I posted.

I'm worried that they might look better than the main character though, I think i've learned a lot of new modeling and texturing techniques since I created her, but the main character will be a bit older later on so I'll still get to change her a bit,.. or maybe a lot.

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Old 03-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
astroAJ
ʘὦʘ →

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
I guess one of the main problems with doing large projects is that u learn so much that the stuff u did at the start of the project is no good and then u want to always fix stuff lol.

Keep going, I look forward to seeing the end result
astroAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #29
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Thanks astro..

Little update, been working on a new character for some of the later scenes, her costume is different because she'll appear in a totally different environment from the ones iv built so far, its a work suit for a slave camp.
I'm working on the costume right now but I'll fix some texture & geometry issues on the body later.

I'm starting to dig hard surface modeling in max, zbrush is easier but max gives full control long as you know your tools...

My Art Gallery

CURRENT RIG:
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #30
Fynn

Awards Showcase
the face and especially the lips are much better!