>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'
bottom-table-gradient

Old 26-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
3dboldicotti

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
holland mushrooms.

Hi all,

below you can see my last artwork created by 3ds max, mudbox, mental ray, and fusion to composite with render elements.
I hope you like it.

cheers
Attached Images

3dboldicotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
3dboldicotti

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
a sketch with the render passes I used to compose my picture by fusion
Attached Images

Old 30-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
3dboldicotti

Awards Showcase
after few days I didn't receive any C&C yet...are they so terrible? poor little mushrooms :
S
Old 30-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
i like it, great idea!
but i think you could work more on the eyes
the transition between the iris and the eyeball is too sharp
Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
3dboldicotti

Awards Showcase
a new view
Attached Images

Old 26-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
pavolsvk

Send a message via Skype™ to pavolsvk
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Hello,
yep, you could improve eyes to look more "alive"
Hm and maybe there should be some stuff on the bootom of the hat (?) of the mushroom i think.It would be nice if they looked a little bit more slimy.Keep it up!
pavolsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #7
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I agree, they look really nice, good rendering, good modeling. Only suggestions I have are:

put a light below them (very low light) so we can see the hard work you put into the frills under the top of the mushroom. And if you skimped out on the frills, now's a great chance to show us your magic!