>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 26-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
maio
Woop!

Send a message via MSN to maio
Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: war Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 2
Wukong (league of legends) tribute

Hi there.. not been on here for ages.. since dom war 2!

but hello

im making a tribute to a LOL char, thought (hoped) you might like
Attached Images

Old 27-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 1
wow looks great is this sculpt complete?
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy Send a message via Skype™ to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
awsome, man!
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: war Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
@ Jeebs : yeah pretty much, im goign to do a lowish poly version with diffuse only, some areas of the sculpt arnt surfaces great but thats because i intend to cover them with alpha polys in the final

~tsa thankyou, im really proud of it
Old 29-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Happy to see a fellow League player, this totally looks like the Wukong I know! No comments from me, except maybe that the fur of the body and tail could be defined a bit crisper. Can't wait to see the progress!

I'm doing Renekton, but for the Sculpting Challenge section. If you have the time take a look!
MightyReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
Thanks reg

yeah i agree totally about the fur, weakest bit

im turning this into a lowish poly difuse only char so i decided id move on and this will mostly be hand painted, however i may go back and polish it someday
Old 29-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Blackschmoll

Very nice, sweet details Can't wait to see him handpainted !
Blackschmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I'm thinking you should do both, a diffuse only and a normal map version. So your high poly model doesn't go to waste.

Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
@ 3d

ill be using the high poly to heavily assist in making my diffuse

i might set up my photoshop file to quickly do my diffuse only and then do the gen3 normal spec and diffuse version after... im just really loving and enjoying making diffuse only stuff right now
Old 02-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
anyhow, just made my inital low poly pass, except its mid poly at around 5k... (erk)

ill continue to clean it up as i begin uving but for anyone interested here it is at this stage

might be sadistic and do a 5k / 2k version ill see how i feel as i start uving :P
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
looks solid to me keep it up
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Just got off the LoL addiction and you post this!!!

Great job so far, can't wait for the finished product. (was a Leona/Orianna player myself)
setschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
Haha set... i weened myself off it awhile ago....

then decided to do a speed sculpt to get my lol fix...

this is the sculpt continued

i rather stupidly have re-addicted myself to Dota2 ... foolish foolish boy
Old 09-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
in the off chance anyone find UV interesting.....

you can see the decisions ive made in mirroring by viewing the currently chopped up mesh
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy Send a message via Skype™ to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
uv loks neat too. what do you hold that gap at the right bottom for?
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote