>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Setschaos - Fan Art - Claymore: Clare

Alright, my tablet bit the dust about 10 months ago and I FINALLY got myself a new one! Time to get back in the game.

Going to work on Clare from Claymore. I may try to make two characters with the tri limit given.

First up, reference compilation as well as half of the concept for Clare. Still have the side view and her sword plus a separate image for her back sheath and cloak.

Enjoy and please, critique!
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
this is an awesome character, I myself am a fan of this manga. I have done it once for Comicon, can't wait to see your progress

P.S. good luck!
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quick concept update, thinned out her arms to help her be closer to true character. Should be starting in zbrush tonight with blocking.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Quick sculpting update, nothing special, just posed and sculpted. Still in subgroups, so don't mind the seams. After I finish up the sculpt, i'll bring it into topogun and work on textures.
Attached Images

setschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
She's got some muscular legs lol. Any particular reason why you're gonna sculpt her already posed?

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Wanted to try it out. Typically I would do the standard pose then skin and pose her, but I thought about it and I figured that If I posed her the same way after I sculpted her then the muscles wouldn't be in the right places.

So... why the hell not, right? +1 for asymmetry? <.<

Still go a LOT of sculpting work to do.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
lol, unless you don't want to use her later this would be the quick dirty way

SKETCHES & WIPs
Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Oh boy... Now i feel bad because i'm quick and dirty T_T

I accept the challenge!!! New sculpt wip up tonight!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #9
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Quick WIP with the sculpt. Going to give the hands and feet some extra love.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #10
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Another update for the night, just a WIP of the topology.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #11
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
no clue how z brush works, but it looks like you need to bring refrence image in and adjust your model.

Right now it's seems like your model is missing shoulders, the neck is too long, the knees may be in the wrong place, hard to tell without the feet. And, the balance looks off, meaning, she looks like she is about to fall forward.

I'll do a paint over when I get back to my main computer.

Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Hows this? I tend to rush through my project and not give it much love (my biggest downfall) I am more than willing to scrap progress to start over again for the sake of bettering myself and learning from others.

That and I'm rusty as crud... Any way, heres a wip of my new sculpt; shortened the neck, worked out the muscle groups a bit more, lengthened the shin area, defined the shoulders, and gestured the arms a bit more to define the elbow area.

Please, more critiques!
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Things I see so far

- Legs need to be redone, muscles are wrong.
- Instead of a traditional T pose, place the arms at a 45 angle it's a more relaxed pose that would let you sculpt the muscle groups correctly.
- Build as much as you can on low sub-divisions, then go up. (define the masses)
- Change the material
- Use a lot of reference, it's the best way to get it right.

Good luck, keep at it and don't rush LOL

SKETCHES & WIPs
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Went back over the image of my sculpt to illustrate my own needs to resculpt the muscles on the leg, thanks cuban! Here's a small jpeg of the differences.

Close, but off just enough to make it look terrible. Thanks again for the feedback
Attached Images

Last edited by setschaos; 05-04-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
also remember skin stretches over muscles, so you won't be able to see all of them outlined like that

SKETCHES & WIPs
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
setschaos (05-04-2012)