>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest Visuals
bottom-table-gradient

Old 23-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Iron Man 3 - First Trailer

Marvel have released the first full trailer for Iron Man 3.

- VIEW HERE -

Attached Images

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatFreespace-3DT! Thank you:
Fynn (23-10-2012)
Old 23-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Ohhh baby yeah!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Looking promising with lotsa big booms and guns.

Read again, I wrote booms.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
rocneasta

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
seen it yesterday - can't wait to see it in April

rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
dunno about that cap A suit
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
GI_Jose

Looks serious.
GI_Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
RobSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by needse View Post
dunno about that cap A suit
That's Iron Patriot. In the comics, Iron Patriot was originally Norman Osborn (aka. Green Goblin) in a stolen Iron Man armor. Marvel's poised to introduce a new Iron Patriot whose identity is still unknown. No idea if the movie version is this same new guy or if it's Rhodey (Don Cheadle) in a repurposed War Machine armor. The latter would make a lot more sense to me given the movie continuity.

As for the trailer itself, it looks very promising. I won't get too excited yet because Iron Man 2's trailer looked great too and that didn't turn out so well. Fingers crossed though. A darker Iron Man movie means that they're finally getting to some of the meatier & more dramatic stuff that comic fans have been wanting to see on screen for ages.

I only have a few concerns:

1. Ben Kingsley as Mandarin.

Just shy of 70yo, one hit from Iron Man and he'll be reaching for his Life Alert. Seriously though, Sir Ben is a little old to be playing this kind of role.

Additionally, while I usually applaud color blind casting, it would've been nice if they had cast an actual Chinese actor. Not dissing the guy who rocked an awesome Gandhi, but Kingsley doesn't quite fit. You can nitpick and say that being half-Indian technically makes Kingsley half South Asian, but that's kind of a reach. Maybe Marvel was trying to move away from the original casually racist Fu Manchu design.

Kingsley's involvement concerns me because he's a hit or miss actor. Again, he kicked butt as Gandhi, but some of his other roles have been less than inspiring. He was terrible in the already terrible Street Fighter movie. If he can bring his A game then we're in for a treat. If he bring in the over the top Sneakers-like hammy performance.... Game Over.

2. Armor Wars PLUS Extremis?

Extremis makes sense. I won't spoil it for you if you've never read the comic. It's a great story. However, if the rumors hold true, they'll also be incorporating the Armor Wars story. For one thing, that's probably one story too many. Kinda like how X-Men 3 fused the Dark Phoenix & Cure storylines to mediocre effect. Kinda like how Spider-Man 3 mixed the black costume story with the origin of Sandman. Maybe this is just too much.

Also, you have to wonder if we need to see more armored foes. Another rumor suggests that Mandarin will suit up at one point. If so... bad move. Iron Man 2 followed that formula, cramming a non-armored foe into armor, and it didn't sit so well. It looked like a $150M Rock Em, Sock Em movie in the 3rd act. Marvel would be best to avoid that route.

All in all, I'm still excited.
RobSanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Great RobSanta! For Thanks for3:
needse (23-10-2012), NinthJake (25-10-2012), ServantOfTheNoise (24-10-2012)
Old 23-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Mantis Send a message via MSN to Psycho Mantis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason:  Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For some brilliant comments on the Lara Thread. Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won in the SMC 34 - Mix Me Baby One More Time Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
i know i shouldn´t have clicked on it. Now who´s going to fast forward to may?

Trollpost or GTFO!
Psycho Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
RobSanta

I know. Some parts excite me quite a bit. I'm excited that it looks to at least reference Avengers, apparently giving Tony some PTSD. I also like the fact that it has elements of the "Most Wanted" story where Tony is a bit broken down and on the run. Overall, even with these disparate elements, there's a huge amount of potential. Hopefully, they can buck the trend of mediocre 3rd movies. (Yeah. I still feel a bit let down by TDKR.)
RobSanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
This loooks great, interesting about the Iron Patriot comment above
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote