>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest Visuals
bottom-table-gradient

Old 14-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Pacific Rim - First Trailer

The first trailer is out for Pacific Rim, in which massive human controlled robots fight monsters from another dimension.

- VIEW HERE -

Attached Images

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
oh dear looks like another battleship

and whats with the voice from PORTAL
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
I must have a poor taste in movies as when I saw this in the cinema yesterday before the Hobbit I thought it looked really cool, looks much better than Battleship.... but now you've mentioned it I fear it will be similar.
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
The computer voice is really the actress that played GladOs in Portal. The movie's director is a big fan of Portal, so he asked Valve for permission to sign her up for the film.

I don't know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to this. I'm not expecting to be blown away by a script or by heart wrenching emotional acting. I'm expecting BIG robots, BIG monsters and lots of action. And I have a feeling this will deliver.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Old 14-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
Not-Registered

Guest Name: +kappa+

W H Y ? ? ?
Old 14-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
XxVanguardxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGamer-3DT View Post
I must have a poor taste in movies as when I saw this in the cinema yesterday before the Hobbit I thought it looked really cool, looks much better than Battleship.... but now you've mentioned it I fear it will be similar.
I don't think you have poor taste at all, I think people have a bad habbit of judging movies before they see it. This movie will deliver what it is meant to deliver and Del Toro hasn't let me down yet. It looks really awesome too.
XxVanguardxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
XxVanguardxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
The computer voice is really the actress that played GladOs in Portal. The movie's director is a big fan of Portal, so he asked Valve for permission to sign her up for the film.

I don't know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to this. I'm not expecting to be blown away by a script or by heart wrenching emotional acting. I'm expecting BIG robots, BIG monsters and lots of action. And I have a feeling this will deliver.
I don't know I don't think Del Toro would be so passionate about this movie or have to drive to make it if it didn't have a good script. If you check out some of the featurettes they've released already, this movie looks and sounds like it's going to be different to your average blockbuster.
XxVanguardxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVanguardxX View Post
I don't know I don't think Del Toro would be so passionate about this movie or have to drive to make it if it didn't have a good script. If you check out some of the featurettes they've released already, this movie looks and sounds like it's going to be different to your average blockbuster.
Well if the script is solid then even better, of course. That's always a +.

But I don't get the hate toward this film from some people on the internet. If huge robots fighting monsters isn't your thing (surprisingly), just don't go see it.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Old 14-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
doctorbeat

If Guillermo is directing it must be good, I love his films. Just be careful with glaDOS, you've been warned :-)
doctorbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
Novak
Not From Earth

Send a message via ICQ to Novak
Reminds me to Power Rangers..

I don't like the trailer...

|| XBox360 ID || Novak3D
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post

well that explians the portal women thanks plus im not a hater just screamed battleship to me which i watch even though i knew it was gonna be shat like you said robots monster happy days i will watch it just for that
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek Send a message via Skype™ to TekNeek
This looks awesome!

--Showreel--
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
well i expect it to be another hollywoods cliche thats haunting movies for the past few years but i will watch it cause of great cgi, big monsters and big robots - reminds me of good old power rangers .
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote