>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > CG News > Latest 3DTotal and other CG site's news
bottom-table-gradient

Old 14-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
3DTotal teams up with Sketchfab to offer easy online 3D model presentation

Tired of needing photos or videos to show off your awesome designs? Want an easy way to display your latest work to the world? Then look no further!

3DTotal is happy to announce that it has teamed up with the guys at Sketchfab to offer you the chance to showcase your models in glorious 3D.

When posting in the 3DTotal forums, you will notice a new button in the text box that will allow you to embed Sketchfab models. Simply hit this, select the model you'd like to embed, and away you go!

As you may have guessed, to be able to do this you'll need to create an account on Sketchfab and upload the models you wish to display first. But don't worry! Basic accounts are free, and offer the following exciting features:

Unlimited uploads of models below 50MB
Support for all regular materials, shaders, textures and transparency, as well as normal, specular, diffuse and bump maps
Support for 27 native 3D formats
Plugins to publish directly from all the major 3D packages (3ds Max, Maya, Blender, etc)
Support for large models (currently models above 5 million polys)
HDR environments for image-based lighting and reflection
And many more features on the way!

We're very excited to bring this great new feature to 3DTotal. You'll find a few of the more popular Sketchfab models below, so you can see just what this system is capable of...

PS4

Detailed Circus Room

Star Wars Tie Fighter

Now it's over to you. Get uploading and posting today!
Attached Images

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
JCS

+1
JCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
floorman20
3d Artist

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 1
Let's see how this works...

``````
floorman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
Not working for me on Safari, OSX. Chrome, OSX works fine.
Old 18-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
win7 64bit , mozila - works like a charm
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
Ive had some issues with opacity maps aside form that I love it!
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
I cant seem to see anything in your demo ones do I need to install something to be able to view them

just getting a loading symbol
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by needse View Post
I cant seem to see anything in your demo ones do I need to install something to be able to view them

just getting a loading symbol
I was getting the same thing before, but today it works. Not sure what was up.
needse (20-06-2013)
Old 19-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Hi guys! I had problems myself on Explorer initially; if you're having problems viewing then if you hop onto Chrome or Firefox (and also Safari, you just need to enable WebGL), everything should display fine.

Let us know how you get on! Hope you enjoy the new feature

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #10
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
aha got it working now with firefox

so i uploaded me whale to test it

``````

pretty kool

im gonna use this from now on cheers
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Would be awesome to have gallery submissions posted with these whenever possible.
Old 13-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
Adobe3dChick
Adobe3dChick

Hmmm don't seem to be able to get it to work, am i viewing the demo in the wrong browser? which is prefered browser please?
Adobe3dChick is offline   Reply With Quote