>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > BlizzardFest Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 26-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
BlizzardFest 2014

Click the image or the link for Challenge rules. Then, create a thread and get busy. If you have any questions, post them in here. If you post the question in your thread, I may not see it.

Thread titles should be as follows:

Member name - BlizzardFest - "2d", "3d", Animation, Character's Name

Make sure everyone joins" through the team entry page HERE. Then just follow the directions.

Soft Deadline: Public voting begins 11:59pm, Eastern Time (click here to view eastern time), Monday, September 22nd, 2014. Artists may hand in late submissions, however, the more late an entry is, the more impossible it is to become a Team Best or World Champion. (Why? Because each voter may only vote once, which is usually done on day 1 of voting. Hence on day 2, 3, 4 or 5 of voting, there will be no one left to vote for late entries)

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Great BiG ToE-3DT! For Thanks for2:
christopher (27-07-2014), tsabszy (31-07-2014)
Old 26-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Cybuster89

blizzcon question

I read the rules about not using pre existing sketches, but are the 3d modelers allowed to use model sheets for the proportions? ie: I wanted to make a zealot so I would want to use a model sheet of a prtoss unit like this one:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...cept_small.gif
Cybuster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Using a model sheet for proportions is ok, but don't copy it. Make it as original as your imagination will allow.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 26-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
fantasymaster

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Very tempting challenge! Joining this team could be good this time, I think
fantasymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
believehammer

Let's see if I understood. I can take an unit of any game (WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and World of Warcraft) and I make the Storyline. I can then, for example, make a Barbarian (modified my imagination) according to the storyline that I invented? My confusion comes from this: " Exceptions? No player characters, npc characters, or single unit creatures (bosses, storyline characters/npcs, etc) can be used for this challenge.".

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by believehammer; 26-07-2014 at 08:59 PM..
believehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by believehammer View Post
Let's see if I understood. I can take an unit of any game (WarCraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and World of Warcraft) and I make the Storyline. I can then, for example, make a Barbarian (modified my imagination) according to the storyline that I invented? My confusion comes from this: " Exceptions? No player characters, npc characters, or single unit creatures (bosses, storyline characters/npcs, etc) can be used for this challenge.".

Thanks for your reply.
I think the restriction is more for existing characters. You can use the "unit" as your base for you to create an original character.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 27-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #7
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek Send a message via Skype™ to TekNeek
So..I can make an Orc.. but I can't make Thrall.. got it

--Showreel--
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatTekNeek! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (27-07-2014)
Old 27-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
christopher
Working Hard

Send a message via Yahoo to christopher
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Great, I'm in
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
independhans

Ach, **** it, I join forces of 3D total, craft fighting, i am independhans i Love starcraft
independhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
so uhhhh....should I join and not finish?

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Great RogerP! For Thanks for2:
Cordero (04-08-2014), tsabszy (31-07-2014)
Old 28-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #11
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
Yes, always motivational to have a lot of people at least trying.
Linked In
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
Well, from what I've seen, there is no poly limit, or texture limit. So, that's right up your alley.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 28-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #13
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
whachu know bout mah alley son!!!?

SKETCHES & WIPs

Last edited by RogerP; 28-07-2014 at 06:45 PM..
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
BiG ToE-3DT (28-07-2014)
Old 28-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #14
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
nothing, I know nothing.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 28-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
I need to pick something to make, want to go with Diablo III. Any ideas?...help!

SKETCHES & WIPs