>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Speed Painting Challenges
bottom-table-gradient

Old 19-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #91
mgnt
Holy Gaible FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylak
yes it's SPEED... but more important is ...PAINTING ... don't U think so ?
...i dont ...speedpainting is a term that means not just a painting

Quote:
if U read "Speedpainting Challenge Rules" U can find info. about time limit ... i think it's OK
...as for rules - ok - i read them ...and thatz ..................sad

(why it is sad? ...cuz skill comes with a pressure ...anyone can be taught to speedpaint anythng ...but not anyone cld force himself to reach that awesome skill if limits of the competition are so damn long .........environment shld be <=1hour ...char shld be <=30min)
Old 19-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #92
zylak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgnt View Post
...i dont ...speedpainting is a term that means not just a painting

...as for rules - ok - i read them ...and thatz ..................sad

(why it is sad? ...cuz skill comes with a pressure ...anyone can be taught to speedpaint anythng ...but not anyone cld force himself to reach that awesome skill if limits of the competition are so damn long .........environment shld be <=1hour ...char shld be <=30min)
... ok mgnt, so show me where I write speedpainting is JUST painting ... READ THIS AGAIN M8 ...
i try 2 tell U guyz that we PAINT here ... time limit is just WRITTEN rule, that one of us will be obey others will NOT ... i think U pay 2 much attantion to the NAME of this challenge ... keep that in mind ... WE PAINT HERE ... & U have that "flexibility" to manage Ur free time 2 PAINT ...

think ... it's pointless because NOBODY gonna GUARD Us to paint in less than 1h & NOBADY DISQUALIFY U if Ur paint tooks U 62 minutes ...

SPEEDPAINTING IT'S A NAME OF CHALLENGE ... WE PAINT HERE ... & rule says: "...it should be finished in the smallest amout of time possible, but if you paint a whole day, you won't get disqualified..." so stop 2 coplain & start 2 paint

regards
zylak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #93
PerkExpert

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winning the  
Total Awards: 1
Well, Zylak, i get your point. But I agree with mgnt. Its all about equal terms for a "contest". That means: Who can perform best in a given set of rules. And those are, to my taste not suitable for a "speedpainting contest". And as all of us know, that time for a digital painting is a vital resource. Of course you cant enforce rules, but its for enhancing your skill in a given time limit, you should take pride in not betraying yourself. The problem is, you cant maximize on two things at once. Either you try to squeeze a given painting in the least amount of time possible, OR you try to get the most out of a sketch in a given time limit. I mean, the speedmodelling contest works exactly like this. If you just wanted a painting challenge, then name it like that. Just my two cents.
PerkExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #94
mgnt
Holy Gaible FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylak
stop 2 coplain & start 2 paint
2paint and 2speedpaint has not just big difference ...itz tremendous

...you are talking about words in rules too much ...why? ...they are for those who cant follow perkexpert's "should take pride in not betraying yourself" ...and those are ...:

...as for me ...i know exactly why those words are exist in rules ...
itz because of the newbies in speedpainting ...they ll never can do it if timelimit is lower than 1 hour ...thatz why "u wont be disqualify" is there ...newbie needs a backup time to keep up with others on start of this skill ...otherwise his wish will be nullified ...and speedpaint contest wld be just a private party

i am painting ...but i wanna 2 speedpaint ...itz the most awesome skill that shld be sharpened with others on a forums like this ...(offline for noone - itz not the thing)

btw ...there is paint contest here too i guess ...i m 'afraid' to read timelimits in there already ...but then again ...rules are the final mark for those who wants to do but still cant normaly
Old 20-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #95
arneoog

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
Just to make everyone happy, I'll paint my next entries in 30 minutes or less ^^
Old 20-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #96
Honki
if you're horni

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For creating his wonderful  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
I wish you idiots would 'speak' properly. 2type or not 2type... dat iz da qweschyun. Aaaaiit.

Honki's helpful thread of uselessness.

something wrongI think
Honki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #97
mgnt
Holy Gaible FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by honki
I wish you idiots would 'speak' properly.
...aha ...like u did
Old 21-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #98
PerkExpert

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winning the  
Yea, good point with the language. And thx for the positive feedback arneogg, and now: We want a new topic!!!! : There are also nice competitions on "cgtalk", actual topic is "winterwonderland". Some really awesome entries there. Have fun and grab a wacom and paint.
PerkExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #99
zylak

PerkExpert & Mgnt ...
if U really want 2 speedpaint HERE try 2 write 2 one of moderators of this thread & "talk" with them about Ur "ideas" ... it's really pointless 2 write Ur "complaints / comments" here ...
but i think that isnt's that matter how "long" we gonna paint ... important thing is ... "2 PAINT"

@ Honki: U call us IDIOTS because we write "2" instead of "to / too" ? ... sorry, but English is not my native language so & it's not easy 2 remember all of it's "rules"/word spelling/etc. ... so I think if I write 2 (i'm sure that u gonna read this as "to" or "too" because 4 me it sounds exactly the same) I'm not doing anything baaad ... no doubt i'm not an itiot, i'm just not "perfect" educated in english ... WISEASS
zylak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #100
Dex

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Fishing'! 
New Challenge

I don't mean to be blunt but we could get a lot more done if we started being a little more constructive (not directed at anyone particular)

I have a few Ideas:
'The city at night', 'Steel works', 'Deserted town', 'Alien landing', 'Futuristic city' (I know it's been done to death).

And I've noticed a couple of good ideas in previous pages, so if a moderator would be so kind to start a thread then we could make a start.

P.S. is there a moderator dedicated to the speedpainting topic? Maybe it's an idea.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #101
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
yeah man where is waheed sir , is he on a vacation? i guess thats the case we didnot have painting chal whole may.
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #102
Undertow
Old Fart

would anyone object to having an 'unofficial' speed painting challenge posted up(thread not created by a moderator) due to the lack of activity?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #103
tokai
binaryriot

Send a message via AIM to tokai
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
would anyone object to having an 'unofficial' speed painting challenge posted up(thread not created by a moderator) due to the lack of activity?
I offered waheed my help some time ago already, but so far I didn't got an answer. Would really like to see some action here in this challanges myself.

regards,
tokai
Old 06-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #104
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
He was last activy May-11-2008, I hope he ok.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #105
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
I'm not a painter myself, but I'll try to help the best way I can. I'm going to talk to the big dogs and see what they say, will try to get a new challenge up for you guys for the weekend.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote