Crytek, the maker of “Far Cry” is looking for an experienced Senior Texture Artist, who can provide photorealistic textures for our next-generation games.
- Should have either a degree or at least 4 years professional production experience in lieu of.
- Is a leader/role model (within their craft) on a team level (does not necessarily mean ?Lead Artist? or management role)
Demonstrated History of:
- Actively supporting Art Direction
- Remaining faithful to projects' Art Direction.
All Texture Artist Candidates must have a portfolio that demonstrates:
- A strong artistic background, with numerous examples of drawings
- Strong ability to create extremely detailed photorealistic high-res textures produced for games / CGI production use, for technical objects like vehicles, weapons and organic objects like human characters and environment objects
- Experience with the latest computer real time technologies (normal mapping, shaders)
- Strong ability to follow Art Direction guidelines
- If coming from outside the game industry (film), new hires will be expected to learn/understand how game-play and real time issues can affect the production of textures; they will be expected to develop techniques to compensate for such limitations
- Above with at least 2-4 yrs. Cinematic/games production experience, 1-2 yrs. Feature film a big plus.
- Good knowledge how normal, diffuse, specular, gloss and displacement maps should be created and utilized to create photorealistic looking game assets.
- Excellent knowledge in Adobe Photoshop/Painter
- Consistently demonstrates an excellent sense for detail and colour
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies
- Good English communication skills
- Relocation to Coburg, Germany required
With nominal direction, is responsible for:
- Creating photorealistic textures for Characters, all kind of props, environments, weapons, vehicles and special effects textures for next generation games
- Works together with R&D Department in order to develop new shading technologies
How to apply?
- Completes all work in a timely basis
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally
Please send an email with a CV , sample work and/or link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Texture Artist
Submissions without samples or without links to samples will not be reviewed.
We are working on a next generation action title for PC and next generation consoles.
Crytek is located in Bavaria, Germany.
For more information about the company please visit