>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > 3DTotal Products > Total Textures Collection
bottom-table-gradient

Old 27-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
Chrisp-3DT
Naughty Kinky Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: lots of posts! 
Total Awards: 2
Questions & Answers

Welcome to the Questions Thread. If you have any questions you would like to be answered reguarding the Total Texture Collection then please put a post into this thread. This thread will be monitored daily so you will receive a reply to your question in no time at all.
Chrisp-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
condor

Hello. I have a question about the license for your Total Textures.

Can you please clarify if the license allows the use of the textures in forms of personal art where the textures are distributed (such as map making in most 3d games) and/or commercial work?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

Hi,
The Textures are totally royalty free for use on any project, commercial or otherwise. The textures can also be modified in any way necessary, providing that these modified textures are not then sold as new 'textures'.

This can cause a problem if they are used in games, really only applying to pc games here, if our textures are sat in a folder where your customer could get to them. As far as I know all consoles games are fine as the textures are embedded in, so if you can also achieve this with a pc game making the textures very hard for another user to extract then this would be fine too. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
ben-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
3dpirate
Banned.

Send a message via AIM to 3dpirate Send a message via MSN to 3dpirate
If i buy 2 total texture cd packs is there some sort of deal i can get? also is there student prices on them as i am still in school and dont have a full time job yet thanks.
3dpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

Hi,
A good number of 3DTotal users are students like yourself. nowing this, we created and priced the texture cd's with students and hobbiests in mind. I think you'll agree, tyou cant find textures of this quality for this price anywhere else! If you go to the Textures purchase page then you will see that the more cd's you buy, the bigger the discount you will recieve. For example, buying 15 cd's gets you a massive 25% discount.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:22 PM   #6
3dpirate
Banned.

Hmm maybe but i buy textures from dosch before and there dirt cheap and same type of quality that i cna see.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

Hi,
Dosch Textures are 79$ US Dollars per volume. For 15 CD's from dosch (remembering that they do not offer discount for multiple purchases) it comes to: $1007.25 USD The textures are as good as ours but the numbers differe from cd to cd. They might have 250 textures on 1 cd but only 100 on another. Our texture collections are always approx 200 (not including bump, specular, tiffs and some psd files!) For 15 of our texture cd's (remembering that you get a larger discount for the more cd's purchased) it would come to $641 USD. Thats a difference of $366 USD!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #8
3dpirate
Banned.

True but as i said being a student we dont have that kinda money. So for just one cd dosch is still cheaper since thats all we coudl afford right? Well atleast i understand now i may still purchase a 3d total but right now i dont need to so thanks dude you da man.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

Ok, but it's still cheaper to buy 1 total texture cd than it is to buy 1 dosch cd. And, you get all of the bonus materials on a total texture cd such as tutorials, shadow maps etc. Not only that, Dosch DVD's can be in limited themes such as concrete & stone. Total Textures v1 contains many different types of textures and materials on one cd. You would not have to buy several cd's to get a bit of everything. Dosch also charge around $8 delivery to the US on a CD, whereas are charges are less than half of that at just $3.75. I still have to think that it is the best deal around...Up to you dude.

Last edited by ben-3DT; 12-07-2005 at 09:09 PM..
Old 12-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #10
3dpirate
Banned.

Hmm i see ok thanks again. Ill get 3dtotal next time WOOOOOOO
Old 11-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #11
tripleZ

Hi
I got total textures v1 and 2 from a pal because he didn't knew how to install them.
sorry to say that i also don't know how to install them can you please tell me where i have to put all the files
because i don't understand what to do.
tripleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #12
ben-3DT
ModerateGyrator

You will need to copy the entire cd to anywhere on your hard drive. You then load the textures into your 3d package from there. You do not have to copy the images onto your hard drive, it only speeds up the process.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #13
pradipta

Regarding shiment of texture cds

Hello

We purchased a texture cd (vol 10) yesterday from India yesterday. It is mentioned in the site that it takes around 7 days to reach a country in asia. I want to know, is it possible to track the shipment and trace where the shipment is on a particular day. Actually we are in a hurry and need the cd urgently.

Another thing, we want to make one small change in the shipping address. The shipping address we gave was:

Abhijit Das
35, C. R. Avenue, 1st Floor
Kolkata, West Bengal
KOl: 700012
Tel # +91 33 2334 0344
Cell # 9830891690 / 9830280757
Fax # +91 33 2334 5521

we want to make one small change in the address.

Regal Services
Abhijit Das
35, C. R. Avenue, 1st Floor
Kolkata, West Bengal
KOl: 700012
Tel # +91 33 2334
Cell # 9830891690 / 9830280757
Fax # +91 33 2334 5521
like Da Vinci...
pradipta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #14
AMER

Im amir and city iran
plaes tutoreal car full the matreal
AMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #15
Warin-3DT
Scientist who falls in love with art

Send a message via MSN to Warin-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words 
Total Awards: 2
Hi Pradipta! many apologises i didn't see your above post before now .The main reason is normally the question like this always send to cdsupport@3dtotal.com not here. We check email very often. If you and whoever has problems about your products please contact directly to mentioned email address!

By the way, I think things are ok with you Pradipta.

Many apologies once more!

Warin Pismoke
3DTotal support&Sale
Warin-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote