|05-10-2005, 11:47 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Champaign, IL
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Located in Champaign, Illinois, Volition is one of THQ's premier internal game development studios, responsible for high-end creations on next generation systems and PC. Our credits include:The Punisher, Red Faction and Red Faction 2, Summoner and Summoner 2, the acclaimed Freespace and Freespace 2, and, as a part of Parallax Software, the award-winning Descent and Descent 2. Our most recently announced project is Saint's Row, coming soon for the Xbox 360.
We currently have an opening on an unannounced next-gen title for a Technical Animator/Rigger. This person will:
* Develop tools & refine pipelines for the animation production process, including the integration of keyframe, mocap, procedural, and run-time dynamic animation.
* Create and maintain “animator-friendly” rigs.
* Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems.
* Help track efficiency of asset pipeline and processes throughout the life of the project, improving and enhancing them where necessary.
* Troubleshoot asset pipelines and processes in use.
* Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for all aspects of the project.
* Create and maintain documents outlining animation needs, including in-game animation, motion capture shoots, and animation critiques.
* Check assets for technical integrity before integrating them into the game.
* Must have solid understanding and demonstrated ability to work on 3DS MAX, Maya or equivalent 3D Software.
* Must be able to work comfortably with MAXScript.
* Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem-solving skills in regard to all types of rigging and animation techniques.
* Must have 3+ years experience in the game industry or 5+ years in 3D Computer Graphics Industry as an Animator or Rigger.
* Must have worked on at least 2 games that shipped.
* Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or similar is preferred.
Sample Work Required:
* Strong art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills. (preferably delivered via online or CD\DVD)
* Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools\pipelines developed to overcome previous challenges.
All samples must be accompanied by a description of each, with specific information on what you were responsible for, what tools were used, etc.
This is a full-time onsite job. Relocation to Champaign, IL is required.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
No contractors, please.
If you are interested, please follow the application instructions on our website . Or, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|