|28-02-2006, 02:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Export Games - Searching for new talent!
Phoenix Feather is a second generation, Java based multi player role playing game. It will deliver a new level of immersion though graphical detail, unseen in current browser launched games. We will also use impressive new technologies to deliver 100% streamed content, with no need for patching or lengthly downloading to install. Phoenix Feather is perfectly positioned to benefit from the the blossoming market of live streamed games.
Rich, detailed 3D graphics and gripping multiplayer content will merge in a quest driven world, which can be enjoyed for a five minute lunch break or five hour play sessions. Players can enter the world anywhere they find an Internet connection, and continue their adventures where they last left their character, no matter where they login from - laptop, library or home.
The Phoenix Feather world is as rewarding as it is exciting. Players will quickly find themselves developing strong bonds with their character, the lands and the community. Quests, Infinite dungeons, PVP, Housing, Pets, and unexplored lands beckon each adventurer and promote objective driven play sessions, which will ensure constant challenges and rewards.
Phoenix Feather will appeal to a wide range of gamers. By catering for different play styles and providing varied rewards we hope that any player will quickly find their favorite aspect and will be able to immerse themselves in it.
- Vivid and characteristic graphical style.
- Rich sound effects and sound track
- Unprecedented depth of community interaction, web-client crossover communication.
- Visible character customization.
- Many varied skills and abilities for advanced PvP/PvE tactics
- Spell, weapon and armor crafting system.
- Infinitely extendable, modular world. With limitless possibilities.
- Customizable land plots (houses, farms etc) and rideable pet training system.
- Guild and Faction PvP system, with varying global and area rulesets.
- Constant story driven quests. Large group quests, side quests and bounty system.
- Intuitive tutorial (introduction) and help support systems.
- Powerful GUI, fast and unobtrusive.
- All this adventure and community in a simple, compulsive, 'play anywhere' package. Hard to resist, we think!
Completed So Far
- Documentation. (7k+ words) Detailed game and tool design documents, Technical Specification, Promotional docs, Asset requirement Lists, Market Analysis.
- Server: Cross platform networking libraries, Multiple clients login/out, chat, objects, movement.
- Tools: Map Editor Imports height maps, height and texture editing. Load/Save maps. Toggle Height co-ordinate overlay, isometric mode. Building editor, save/load buildings using vector style format for tiny file sizes, highly customizable.
- Client: Imports maps, textured 3d models with bone animation, lighting, ogg vorbis audio, house format load, particle system, GUI, server coms: chat, login/out functionality, movement.
- Formats: Our own: Map format, 3D model format featuring customizable 'parts' system, building format.
- Art Assets: Nine sound tracks including rural, combat and city themes.
Concept artwork: landscapes, npc's, housing, player characters, cities.
3D artwork: Animated 'naked' human male model, rigged for customization, weapon and armor tests.
To produce an indie blockbuster. A title worthy of massive exposure though advertising and the game press. We have the resources to provide extremely high quality publicity and corporate quality web design to get people playing! Free to play, unlocked content with payment.
We have a generous payment agreement for all members, which provides a percentage of profit (based on input) for the lifetime of the product.
Web based development center: A Set of web-based tools, to aid team communication and streamline content sharing Wiki/Forum/Journals/Asset Vaults/Callender/bells and whistles etc. For source control, we are using the Trac project management suite with an SVN repository system on a secured server.
Dev platforms: Linux, mac OS, Windows.
Client: Java JDK 1.5 and LWJGL.
Server: C++ and GMscript.
We are searching for experienced concept, texture and 3D artists. Or any combination in one package!
You will have relative free reign to design the creature's of the Phoenix Feather world. We are particularly interested in artists who have a bold and confident style. In addition to creature concepts we are also looking for an artist to develop themes and styles for world areas, including dungeons, building interiors and natural wonders!
Check our current concept works to get an idea for the style we are aiming for. Alternatively we are interested in taking on a concept artist with a far more abstract style, for tone and color reference pieces.
We are in need of a confident and experienced 3D artist who can use advanced systems to create visually compelling 3D models from concept or imagination. You will be working with out lead artist to beef out phase 1 art assets, including: Monsters, Human clothes, equipment and weapons, Vegetation and dungeon parts.
An excellent understanding of your chosen development toolkit is essential.
Concepts will be provided upon request, although we prefer you to work from your own concept's (based on the styles found in our professional concept art).
Do you think you could translate the walls, roofs and floors of the Tearsol scene concept (previewed below) into vivid and stylistic textures which will compliment our buildings? Or do you have the imagination and skill to effectively texture dungeon parts, clothing and weapons?
Again, good understanding of your chosen tools is essential, we are looking for artistic flair and bright, bold design in all three tiers of art production. Can you provide the essential finishing flair?
If you have any other skills, and like the idea of the project then please do contact me, there will be
numerous positions available throughout development so why not get your foot in the door now?
We work hard and play hard so please make sure you have enough time and energy to give to this project. We don't expect miracles, but be aware this is a fast moving team. All applicants should demonstrate good communication skills and a friendly can-do attitude, like our current members!
The export team is currently twelve strong - made up of industry pros, graduate and student developers. We enjoy each others company and work extremely well together. It's truly a pleasure to be part of such a productive and pro-active team.
We have a number of great previews of our work to date. These cover the full spectrum of development so you can get an idea for the totality of our production progress.
First a four minute montage of various audio tracks produced so far:
Here is a nice work flow of concept to animated 3D - high quality production values throughout.
Running Animation (avi download)
And a look at a few dev members messing.. ahem, testing the server today.
Live server test
Finally, an early look at the concept for the capital city of our world, Tearsol. Could you be a part of making this area a reality?
Our main source of communication is MSN and IRC. You're welcome to msn IM me dogcity AT hotmail.com
E-mail me dan AT export-games.com
Or PM me right here.
Alternatively join our IRC channel and look for me (Dan) irc.afternet.org #export
- We have just purchased our first server, a medium spec 1U blade, hosted on a backbone, ready for upcoming network testing!
- Export-Games.com has developer journals, which are an excellent insight into the team and the project. You can check them out after registering at the site.
Many thanks for reading! I'm always happy to receive constructive criticism, or questions.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|