>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Off-Topic Discussion
bottom-table-gradient

Old 16-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #4126
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Make him scared.
Just stare at him every time he is outside.
Stare at him
- from behind your window
- From somewhere in the garden
- from a distance behind a tree (but ofc make sure he can see you)
- when he's at school (staring trough the windows)
- when hes in town with his friends (from your car or so)
- from your own garden
- with friends
- etc (be creative)

If you follow him around a few days (or longer) and keep on staring at him (just that. Staring) he will **** his pants sooner or later... Or he will tell his dad who will chase you with a rifle.
Old 16-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #4127
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukie View Post
Make him scared.
Just stare at him every time he is outside.
Stare at him
- from behind your window
- From somewhere in the garden
- from a distance behind a tree (but ofc make sure he can see you)
- when he's at school (staring trough the windows)
- when hes in town with his friends (from your car or so)
- from your own garden
- with friends
- etc (be creative)

If you follow him around a few days (or longer) and keep on staring at him (just that. Staring) he will **** his pants sooner or later... Or he will tell his dad who will chase you with a rifle.
The problem is that we're in the country...so when I say "neighbor", he's actually about 1/2 mile from me. So, catching him out and about is harder than if we were in a subdivision or such. But I'll catch him. I'll catch him real good. What makes me scary is that I'm actually a little crazy. And people can see that when I start get'n serious. It's what I like to call a gift.
Old 17-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #4128
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
I'm 30 today. I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet.
Old 17-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #4129
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
One should say gratz I suppose!

No matter how much you think about your age time will go on, and there is so far nothing you can do about it So don't worry, be happy!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #4130
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Congrats dude. Your a real man now.
2,5 years from now I will follow. Then I can finally drink in a bar and legally create accidents on the freeway.
Old 17-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #4131
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Mantis Send a message via MSN to Psycho Mantis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason:  Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For some brilliant comments on the Lara Thread. Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won in the SMC 34 - Mix Me Baby One More Time Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
whait what? first gongrats to inveni0 - i thought you where older than me. so donŽt worry, there are some more oldfags in this forum.

second - nukie: what do you mean? i suppose your 27,5 - but why does that not make you a man? or does the netherlands have another legal age

Trollpost or GTFO!
Psycho Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #4132
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom Send a message via Skype™ to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Ok guys. It's humongous boner time.
Old 17-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #4133
Tycane3D
Dutchy of dutchnessness.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Sea Creature The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by inveni0 View Post
I'm 30 today. I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet.
congrats man, will follow in a year.

Just act immature, like i do...nobody believes i'm 29
Tycane3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #4134
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post

second - nukie: what do you mean? i suppose your 27,5 - but why does that not make you a man? or does the netherlands have another legal age
Well it was a badly placed joke because people always say they feel terrible leaving the 20s and entering the 30s. Maybe because they leave their "wild" life phase and move on to more adulthood.

Ofc, that probably isn't true for most of us on this forum. We will never grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDoom View Post
Drooooooool!!!!!

(PS: See what I mean?)
Old 20-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #4135
rocneasta
in search of excellence

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  
Total Awards: 33
i swear kindergarten is ****. 4 days in and we're already having high fever, 39,8 celzius and i can't bring it down for 1 degree not even with 20 min of showering etc.

i wish people took better care of their kids sending them only healthy in the kindergarten.

sometimes i feel like the staff wants the kids to be ill - so they have less on their hands - things like taking them outside without zipping their jackets, or putting their hats on...

rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #4136
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocneasta View Post
i swear kindergarten is ****. 4 days in and we're already having high fever, 39,8 celzius and i can't bring it down for 1 degree not even with 20 min of showering etc.

i wish people took better care of their kids sending them only healthy in the kindergarten.

sometimes i feel like the staff wants the kids to be ill - so they have less on their hands - things like taking them outside without zipping their jackets, or putting their hats on...
Nah, my wife is a Paraprofessional for kids with special needs, and she is constantly complaining about parents bringing/sending their sick kids to school. All it takes is one parent that doesn't want to mess with missing work to take care of THEIR OWN KID, and a whole classroom can get sick.
Old 21-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #4137
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
My 6-year old is wanting to start saving money for some of the larger purchases he'd like to make. I think it's great that his first thought when wanting something special is not whether or not his mother and I will buy it for him, but instead how he can earn it himself. His idea for fundraising? He wants to create a video game for the iPhone. Since this is what I do, I told him that I'd help him make it happen, but he'd have to do all of the concept work. I also told him that he'd have to oversee the art design and programming. We've been working on it here and there over the last week or so, and I've gotta tell you...he's onto something. He has a real solid vision about what he wants from the game, and it's actually pretty promising. I've had to make a couple changes in order to get the game to fit the iPhone/iPod/iPad business model, but the changes are pretty insignificant with regard to the gameplay and such.

So, it's going well. There was just one problem... One of the changes I had to make was in the form of censorship. That's right. I had to tell him that we'd have to tone down the violence or Apple wouldn't allow us to sell the game. Did he hesitate? Nope. He put his little brain to work, and together, we came up with a mighty elegant solution.

There are a lot of reasons to be proud of your children just because they love themselves and others. Because they're strong, brave and forgiving. It's what you would call being proud "just because". But when you see a fire ignite within your child, and you see them flex their wings... That's a whole new level of proud.

I love being a father.
hulahuga (21-03-2011), rocneasta (21-03-2011)
Old 21-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #4138
rocneasta
in search of excellence

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  
Quote:
Nah, my wife is a Paraprofessional for kids with special needs, and she is constantly complaining about parents bringing/sending their sick kids to school. All it takes is one parent that doesn't want to mess with missing work to take care of THEIR OWN KID, and a whole classroom can get sick.
true, well we ended up with some viral infection and will have high fever for 7 days at least last night at the hospital he got checked for respiratory to urinal and blood problems

Old 21-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #4139
rocneasta
in search of excellence

Awards Showcase
Quote:
There are a lot of reasons to be proud of your children just because they love themselves and others. Because they're strong, brave and forgiving. It's what you would call being proud "just because". But when you see a fire ignite within your child, and you see them flex their wings... That's a whole new level of proud.

I love being a father.
Amen. Hoping to sense that whole new level soon (twice the punch, since my second child is due in July)

Old 21-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #4140
Tycane3D
Dutchy of dutchnessness.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Sea Creature The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
My 6-year old is wanting to start saving money for some of the larger purchases he'd like to make. I think it's great that his first thought when wanting something special is not whether or not his mother and I will buy it for him, but instead how he can earn it himself. His idea for fundraising? He wants to create a video game for the iPhone. Since this is what I do, I told him that I'd help him make it happen, but he'd have to do all of the concept work. I also told him that he'd have to oversee the art design and programming. We've been working on it here and there over the last week or so, and I've gotta tell you...he's onto something. He has a real solid vision about what he wants from the game, and it's actually pretty promising. I've had to make a couple changes in order to get the game to fit the iPhone/iPod/iPad business model, but the changes are pretty insignificant with regard to the gameplay and such.

So, it's going well. There was just one problem... One of the changes I had to make was in the form of censorship. That's right. I had to tell him that we'd have to tone down the violence or Apple wouldn't allow us to sell the game. Did he hesitate? Nope. He put his little brain to work, and together, we came up with a mighty elegant solution.

I love being a father.
Thats kewl!.....i was told by my grandparents that when i was 6 or 7 i used to spend al the time i got allocated for the computer (1 hours max a day) "playing" kidpix on the mac classic (or lisa or plus or whatever it was called back then)....used to draw a side profile of what i thought was a tank, and used the selection marque to make the track....since the marque's stripes move, it would look like the tank's track moved, my first animation haha.

23 years later i'm doing the same thing on a larger scale and getting paid for it....so if thats anything to go on ur kid might become the next bill gates
Not that i'm anywhere near bill gates, i didnt understand the concept of getting paid to make images/animations till way later...ur kid gets it now already.

@rocneasta

U where a host for a popidols kinda thing??

Last edited by Tycane3D; 21-03-2011 at 09:34 AM..
Tycane3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, crunchy butt hair, fun, honki has a small wee wee, honki like you mean it, honki's upside ya head, iŽd screw maggie for 1$, josiah is really hot, poop like you mean it, something wrong, you can't stop a manforse