>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Animation Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 24-07-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Smile Comp #11 (FALL DOWN, GET UP)

_Falling Down_

The idea,
Alrighty then, itís time to bring life to a character. I want to see a character fall down. But not just any fall. Lets be as creative as we can with this one. Make this as original as you can. Use props if you need/want to. If you want, to add music. But donít post anything that looks like a normal fall. Falling is easy, you always find the ground. So to spice it up, your character needs to get back up. Have fun with it. If you donít have a character to animate, you can find one on the net(let us know you didnít model it).
_Rules_

- The due date is August 5th, (two weeks from now) a Saturday 11pm(GMT). Voting will be on that Sunday. Post your final entryís in the Final Entry Thread.

- Minimum animation: your animation needs to be at least 6 seconds.

- Recommended screen resolution in 320x240 (you can do 640x480 if you want, but why would you).

- You can post W.I.P.s but you are only allowed one complete entry. That link is also final. You can and should post your wipís to get help.

- Websites where you post your finals is up to you.

- Remember, it's about animation, use your time for animation, not to get the best render possible, unless you can afford it.

- Use of plug-ins not allowed. Must be key framed (hand animated)

- Try to use Quicktime or Divx if possible.

- You must post a render of some sort with your final entry post; also include a screen grab with key frames. No CHEATING.

- Voting will be as follows -

Pick your favorite animation. You will get to pick your favorite. At the end of the polling, whoever gets the most votes wins. Add any crits of final entryís in the final entry thread.

Good luck!

BiG ToE

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day

Last edited by BiG ToE-3DT; 07-08-2006 at 09:07 AM..
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
cool one! see what people can come up with
Old 24-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
Diabolos
Evil MAYA useR

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
Total Awards: 3
Talking

LOL, where did you get that picture? I know it's not polite to laugh until you see that the person is ok, but that is funny. I'll see what I can do in the remaining days I get back from vacation.

Good Luck,

D,
With odd old ends stolen forth of holy writ,
And seem I a saint, when most I play the Devil."
- William Shakespeare

Diabolos' Windows Live Space [My Online Gallery] UPDATED: May 05, 2007
Diabolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #4
Mikademius
Player2

Send a message via MSN to Mikademius
Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
Picture looks pretty staged to me
So falling down and getting up. Great challenge!
Old 24-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
it will be really funny to see this competiton...

uuuuu ... I must put myself to study more ...

Bye now...I'm goging to the ruff (to study ) ... see U down
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
martimus
jumping or spinning?

Send a message via MSN to martimus
bagsy the kip up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inveni0
Freelance is almost just another word for "unemployed"
martimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
Diabolos
Evil MAYA useR

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martimus
bagsy the kip up!
eh - please translate.....

it's not the falling, but the getting back up that is the hard part.

D,
With odd old ends stolen forth of holy writ,
And seem I a saint, when most I play the Devil."
- William Shakespeare

Diabolos' Windows Live Space [My Online Gallery] UPDATED: May 05, 2007
Diabolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
martimus
jumping or spinning?

http://breakdancecrew.com/move.php?move=38

btw im off to whitby tomorrow until saturday, so I wont be around for a week. Good luck everyone, see you next week!

Quote:
Old 24-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
hmmm I see more ppl are bussy an week ... maybe instead of take a brake one week and some ppl bored to dead .. let's do it 3 week chalnege...cause I not think some will actualy work 3 weeks non-stop and is not fair for that are free only 2 weeks...

So I gues is fair for evrybody ... for ppl that no want brake...and for ppl that want a brake....what do u say ?

it's just a trought...don't shoot the mesanger
Old 24-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
martimus
jumping or spinning?

3 weeks is too long

Quote:
Old 24-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
3 weeks is too long.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
3 weeks is too long
Old 24-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
XYZ
(0;0;0)

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed animation challenge! 
3 weeks is too short

nah,, just kidding, I think 2 weeks is enough,,

I am plannig to be the first one!,, no more procastination .. no more!..

Last edited by XYZ; 24-07-2006 at 08:02 PM..
XYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #14
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
ok ok ... sorry
Old 24-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
Mikademius
Player2

Send a message via MSN to Mikademius
Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
I'll present my idea as fast as I can so noone snaps them out of my hands
Then I have to borrow a camera to shoot reference and I also need to model/rig some props. Maybe I can get that done tonight... Hope so. No time to waste.

Last edited by Mikademius; 24-07-2006 at 10:04 PM..
Mikademius is offline   Reply With Quote