>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'
bottom-table-gradient

Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
Xeowolf

Anthro Fox Model - WIP

Heya all, been quite some time since iv posted anything. I have been working on a 3d fox model off and on, finally rigged it using a tutorial, it actually posed okay for some parts.. and others not so good. I also wanted to use it to draw 2d art with, you know just kinda get ideas for poses and etc. In doing so I realized there were some issues with the mesh that were bugging me. But I can't seem to figure out exactly what. A lot of it is the head, nose, the cheeks just the way it all comes together. I am kinda looking for an animeish toon like look as apposed to something extremely detailed and realistic.

So I am wanting to take it back to the drawing board so to speak (not that i can draw...) and I would love to have you all critque the heck out of it and help me locate the trouble points. Yes, I know the hands are a disaster they were done in a rush just to test rigging.

Front/meshsmooth + wire

Side/meshsmooth + Wire

Perspective + meshsmooth

Perspective low detail
Xeowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:42 AM   #2
Xeowolf

Here is a drawing almost literally traced from a pose I set up with this model. I did take some of the curve out of his hips / waist, and i took liberties on the face. I also did not figure out how to pose the ears at the time so I guessed, the drawing really is not that great, as I am not a 2d Artist.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
gfx.KhronoS
...want some peanuts?

Send a message via MSN to gfx.KhronoS Send a message via Yahoo to gfx.KhronoS
I don`t know... but the tails it`s wayyyy to big and the face it`s a little bint to wide.... in rest the model looks fine...
Old 09-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Xeowolf

Thanks, I'v already reduced the tail, I am actually going to rebuild the mesh I think to try and clean up a few spots.

Do you see any thing that you might think looks off with the rest of the body?