>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 20-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
Conejo Blanco

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
DWIII - 3D - Conejo Blanco - Nahazcoatl

So I just figured out I can change this first entry to reflect my work so far... to really check out all the changes, you can look at the last page, but here's a sample pic anyways. I would love feedback.
Attached Images

Last edited by Conejo Blanco; 10-04-2008 at 11:15 PM..
Conejo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
Conejo Blanco

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I started low-poly Xilocuma today, and I'll have an update of that on Wednesday, most likely. In the meantime, here's a concept sketch!

Xilocuma's story is this:
The War of the Machines forced his cave-dwelling people further underground, where they sealed themselves off. While the war raged for years above ground, Xilocuma's people learned to move in the darkness, to hunt, and to make use of the gifts of blood and steel that flowed in through the underground rivers. His people have lost their sight, and are completely blind, yet have learned to rely on electromagnetic signals, hearing and smell to find their way. There, in the blackness, they turned to the worship of the cold, old gods, and sought to learn the secrets of the earth.
The Ultimate Weapon, and the demise of the machines, brought many of his people to the surface. The very definition of stealth, the great warrior Xilocuma relies on his speed, regenerative abilities (the ability to grow back lost limbs), poison and silence. He and his people are devoid of any sense of fraternity or relationship at all with all other people, and are completely unconcerned with the metal beasts emerging from the wormholes, believing themselves capable of sealing themselves from the outside world whenever the need arises. Instead, Xilocuma rents himself out as the ultimate assassin to whichever ambitious, ruthless party as can afford him. He does not offer himself to the field of battle, and he does not trade blows with other great warriors: he comes in silence and kills instantly.
Enjoy!
Old 28-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
Conejo Blanco

Awards Showcase
Update: After about 1 1/2 hours in Max... not feelin very well, gotta go home and try to recover from whatever illness if grabbin me.
I've thought of a new, really great artifact, which I will talk about tomorrow!
I've also included a bunch of photos which I will be using for reference, among others. I want to also use lots of amphibian photos as well, but I'm not including those.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Conejo Blanco

Awards Showcase
Alright, slow down with the rampant c&c! I can barely keep up with all you guys offering advice!
heheh, anyways, I've been working on him every so often, and I'm going to have to step up the speed I work at, but here's an update... I'm pretty happy with his form so far, any feedback is appreciated, as always.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Your model looks great. Poly and edge flow look really nice and the proportions hold up really well.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of him come together.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
ballo

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Conejo Blanco?! haha very funny!

the wireframe is very, very clean and sexy. I like the idea of lizard

Good luck!

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=56776

Thanks for comments.
ballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #7
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The basemesh looks really awesome I suppose you're gonna make some sort of clothes/armor for him?Nice start anyway.

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
Weiryknight

lookin cool so far!
Weiryknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
That lowpoly model looks awesome. Hands feet rock. You use of the polies is excellent! I can't wait to see the details and how this comes together
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #10
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I've got to agree with everyone else, the base mesh looks great so far. I'm wondering if maybe there's a little more heel in his foot than you actually need, could just be the angle.
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #11
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
I'm another one whol likes what you're doing with the hands - keep your eyes open for a similar arrangement of polys on mine when I come back to it
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
Conejo Blanco

Awards Showcase
Hey! What great feedback! It's so nice to get such positive comments. Critiques and criticism are also welcome though... the goal is to get better, so that's important!
Anyways, here's an update, I'm almost done with the body, he's about 4000 polys right now, I'll probably need another 700 or so to finish his legs, and the inside of his mouth. Then I move on the the artifact, which I'm very excited about and I'll tell you about when I post pictures of it!
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #13
Chung Wong

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 4
Nice modeling. Very nice hands, especially the thumbs. Are you going to add a tail?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #14
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
oooh , I think he'd look great with a neck fan - like that funny little dinosaur in jurassic park that made me jump
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #15
Innos

Preety sweet I doesnt think that someone do the lizard yet. I think your lizard is more warrior thing an my is more hmm.... thief?

Your work is just awesome and base mesh looks fantastic.
Innos is offline   Reply With Quote