|17-03-2008, 06:21 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3D Biped Animator - Seattle
Swerve! Steer! Shift! Shudder!
Able to animate human movement in a realistic and compelling manner? Can you capture a minute movement with fluidity? FILTER is seeking an experienced character animator for a contract opportunity. Our ideal candidate must have excellent animation skills with Max's Biped and Motion Mixer, at least one year of experience editing motion capture and the ability to create quality hand-keyed animation for real human movement. If you're technically-oriented, understand game play mechanics and have a keen eye for complex character motion and timing, then we can't wait to see your demo reel. Bring your stellar 3D animation skills, your attention to detail and, of course, your willingness to push the limits when you apply for this job.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
* Implement character motion and script playback of character animations via an in-engine "state manager" to create fluid transitions while maintaining a crisp responsiveness in character control
* Use 3d Studio Max to implement animation blending and motion simulation for human characters
* Responsible for the look and feel of all aspects of character motion and its impact on game play
* Participate in motion planning sessions where the animation, AI and design teams act out character behaviors
* Work with the AI team to understand and support "attack & react" systems and complex targeting/priority rules
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
* Minimum of one year with shipped work experience including editing motion capture
* Must be highly proficient with Max's Biped and Motion Mixer
* Understanding of game engines, tools as well as content structure and organization (data-hierarchies, file systems, build processes, batch processing, regular expressions)
* Knowledge of 3D Studio Max animation techniques
* Must have hand-keyed character animation samples that demonstrate real human motion
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
FILTER is a full-service creative resources company that connects industry-leading companies with the very best creative talent throughout the West Coast. Offering both creative staffing services and interactive media design and production, FILTER helps clients to make their ideas a reality and complete their projects with more speed, flexibility and cost efficiency. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has branch offices in Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. FILTER has been serving clients for the past two decades, which include top technology and services companies as well as many of the leading design, advertising and interactive agencies.
Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
Feel free to send your resume and portfolio/URL to email@example.com.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|