>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art
bottom-table-gradient

Old 22-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Club Girl (Nudity)

Trying to do a female char. Having trouble in certain area's such as arms and ******. Any criticism of the character would be great. thnx.
Attached Images

Last edited by E4sY; 02-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: updating billboard
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
It coming along, first off the the breast are two perky they need to have a little gravity on them, also the muscle on the caves are a little to low raise them up a little.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
M_Cederstrom - thnx for commenting. Planning for her to be clothed, so the breast may need some perkiness. i'll take a look at the calves as stated. I was looking at some of ur work (which is very good btw) and noticed that u didn't like the interface for Zbrush. Is there a reason to use Zbrush over Mudbox which seems to have the better interface?
Old 24-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
defaultalias
Meh...

Send a message via AIM to defaultalias
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
More power under the hood basically. Mudbox is simpler, but zbrush makes up for the UI in features and polypushing power. The best way is to find out is to download the demo, watch the video tutorials on their website, and bite your lip until you learn the UI.

Also, why model in such an unnatural pose?
Old 24-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Your welcome E4sy and thanks I'm glad you like my work I still need some work tho, To tell you the truth i have never use mudbox but i have heard its easier to use, But So far I love using Zbrush I will say this I do have problem with it crashing (it probably because my computer slow), But man you can get some great result off that program. defaultalias does have a great point, down load the demo and find out which one you like better, and You Tube has some really good video as well.
Old 25-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #6
DJdude
noobster

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
whats a char?
Old 30-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
This update should work a little better. Was having trouble finding the image viewer file for the wireframe. I still have much left to do. When smoothed this character is not showing a lot of detail whatsoever. Will be working more consistently this week. Want to have it completely modeled by July 5. Any crits or comments are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by E4sY; 01-07-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Probably hard to comment seeing as how this isn't much of an update. hope to have some better updates later this week. Here's a question; would i be close to the point of modelling where i could start sculpting in mudbox?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
Tuss4
UNCH UNH Yehhh....

Send a message via AIM to Tuss4
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
those boobs are still defying gravity man, sag them a little more.

.:|my Fairlady Z W. I. P.|:.

Check out my blog click on my sig!

Tuss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
New Update - I gave some attention to the face torso and made a stand in hat cuz was tired of model being hairless. Guess will work on hair next. I see the feet, hands and joints need some work still.

Tuss4 and M_Cederstrom - both made reference to breast being too perky, so i have taken advice and brought them down a bit. Let me know if there still looking too perky.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
The boob look better, the model is coming along nicely.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Well, i've overshot my deadline for the modeling phase. Played way too much Supreme Commander over the holiday weekend.
Atm, i'm giving the face some more attention. Any crits would be helpful. Also, anyone know any good ear tutorials?

M_Cederstrom - Thanks! Glad they're looking better.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
Sylverstorm

There are some 5-sided poly's in your model, try to get rid of those.
Sylverstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:31 AM   #14
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
thanks for commenting Nyuu!. I'll have time today to really work and finish off the head. Will definitely try to get everything 4 sided.

Last edited by E4sY; 12-07-2008 at 03:13 PM..
Old 12-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #15
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
another update - I remodeled the face because the last one was turning out crap. found a good n easy face tutorial www.youtube.com/watch?v=xls25e08sSg. the results already look better imo. still have much left in the leg and arms area. As before all comments are appreciated.