>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 04-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #31
-IdanI-

Send a message via MSN to -IdanI-
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Update time, its small but I'm getting there it also shows the wires and such so you could see how I constructed the mesh poly by poly, as well as the anatomy and edge flow. The topology is basically made up of a huge anatomical reference folder I have, filled with moscular forms and edge loops images i gathered over the past year. suggestions are more than welcomed as all ways.

1st post updated with the latest image!!!

Last edited by -IdanI-; 05-02-2009 at 10:50 PM..
-IdanI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I finished the legs and will move on making the arms. as for the feet and hands theses will be modeled afterwords using cylinders for the finger/toes and boxes for the base of the hand/leg updates coming soon as well as a paintover with the cloth design stay tuned
Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 AM   #33
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Excellent modelling, I will be looking foreword to see how you do the fingers.
Personally I hate modelling humans, it´s so hard to make them look good but you have done a sweet job.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #34
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
thanks man, at the end of this challenge regardless of win or loose I'm going to make a detailed making-of article about the final image and I will be sure to mention my approach to modelling the fingers and such.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Sound great, now we want to see an update please
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #36
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Very nice start mate! I loved her pose. Good luck in the conetst!
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #37
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
hey everyone, thanks for all the encouragements I'm currently working on the paintover and a lot of photoshop re-touches I should be done by tonight so stay tuned for more updates.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #38
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
Alright here is the update, its still very wippy and I'm still considering the clothing and color variations. this is my Warrior style I am now working on the goddess Variation of clothing. Also I'm not a very good concept artist so this was kind of where 6 hours of work got me.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #39
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
for the Godess version which I will probably go with, I'm thinking of more white/pink color scheme and very light gracefull clothing. Its kind of like choosing a class where you have the warrior witch and then the gracefully and pure goddess who has very strong magical abilities. so for now since time is runing I will start modeling the cloth compramising between both classes while still working on one final concept since I model faster than I concept and paint. So next I will finish up the clothing/unwraping/texturing and rigging all in about a month. would love to hear some suggestions on what you do like about the paintover and what you dont like about it. Stay Tuned!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #40
Jibberwocky

As far as dislikes, I wouldn't go with that thong thing she's got at the moment. With such sparse clothing down there it makes the rest look top heavy. I know you said you were changing the clothes, but just saying. And the veins are too sharp, as well. Unless that's intentional.. If it is, it might be cool to accentuate them further by making them glow or something. Like there's raw power coursing through her. Also, it's probably just a matter of taste, but her hips look unnaturally hollow. Anyway, don't mind me. Your work is awesome, however you decide to continue.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #41
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
thank you man, regarding the thong there will be a semi-transparent skirt/dress thing over it so it wont be competley shown.......I was just too lazy to paint it but i definatley know what you meant by it and I will make it more balanced I'm working on the goddess concept now which I think you will all like.

cheers,
Idan
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #42
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I agree with Jibberwocky about the dress balance, and using semi-transparent skirt/dress seems a good way to restore it, but you can also put off some upper clothes, that's another way.
Largest shoulders than hip fit for a warrior style, but maybe for the goddess you could make larger hip and narrow shoulders, it will look like more feminine.
I like the chest dress style for the warrior but i wouldn't threat it like a piece of clothe but more like a plate with different pieces. It's just a concept comment, warriors usually like armors, but that's usually, sometimes usually is boring.

About the wip: you're really fast for 3D work, and really good result, amazing work.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #43
-IdanI-

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
I agree with Jibberwocky about the dress balance, and using semi-transparent skirt/dress seems a good way to restore it, but you can also put off some upper clothes, that's another way.
Largest shoulders than hip fit for a warrior style, but maybe for the goddess you could make larger hip and narrow shoulders, it will look like more feminine.
I like the chest dress style for the warrior but i wouldn't threat it like a piece of clothe but more like a plate with different pieces. It's just a concept comment, warriors usually like armors, but that's usually, sometimes usually is boring.

About the wip: you're really fast for 3D work, and really good result, amazing work.
I like the way you think lol.
hey man thanks a lot especially coming from such an amazing concept artist as yourself, concerning the shoulders I really just followed my reference of the model Klara Madekova it just looks weird when in t-pose but once I put into a pose i think it will settle down nicley if not than i'll just tweak it.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #44
FireSunFox

Great to see you so far along, I would agree with everyone that has posted so far the shoulders are too big, I thank a mix of flowing dress and upper body armor in light/white tones would work, kind of a warrior goddess.?^^
FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #45
cobaltblue
is the purest blue

I'll be watchin this thread. goodluck!
cobaltblue is offline   Reply With Quote