>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 14-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #46
FireSunFox

Update.....

the the fire burnssssss.......
Attached Images

FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #47
FireSunFox

So.....

Most of the main character is done, just need to work on the tree head parts, then on to the buildings, hopefully on monday.

So what does everyone think of it so far??

To have a up to date look refer to the first post!!^^
Old 14-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #48
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Looking really good dude .
The lip's shadow seems a bit exaggerated though. The hair is looking really good!
The red colors made her look much younger and not as mysterious though...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #49
Daniela Blanco

Send a message via MSN to Daniela Blanco
It's realy great............ the colors are amazing.......
She looks mysterious, magic and a little scary at the same time.........awesome....
And I agree with hulahuga about the shadow on her lips....
There is one thing that concerns me...........there is a lot of colors already (that looks great)......but what will you going to do with the buildings for not making it to confusing?
Don't need to answer me..........I hope to see the final........
Good luck!!
Daniela Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #50
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5
Looking awesome, reminds me of Batman's Poison Ivy.....
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #51
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanman View Post
Looking awesome, reminds me of Batman's Poison Ivy.....
ooo yes it does,
Anyway colours look great, really want to see what's going to happen with the buildings.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #52
FireSunFox

Hi, thanks for your feed back, keep it coming. I see what you mean about the lips, I'll try to fix it before the next update. On the too much going on part, I was going to first fade out more of the paint on her skin and also fade the whole background and texture as I started to paint the buildings, I know it's all abit too much at the moment!!^^

Anyway, you'll get to see what I mean.^^ Later!!^^
Old 15-02-2009, 06:08 AM   #53
FireSunFox

Update 2.0

Not sure about the buildings, maybe I'll keep them white stone???
Anyway heres a update on my wipsheet. Keep all your helpfull comments coming, thanks for all the help so far. Good luck everyone!!!!
Attached Images

Old 15-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #54
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I think you've lost some contrast during your painting work. Maybe you should use a lighter background, it's the same for the "clouds", they seem heavy, (maybe too much shadows). But i'm talking about sensitivity here, it's really a non-objective comment, it's a subjective one.
Your painting and sketching work are fabulous, i also really like the fineness of the frame, how it enhances the whole image.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #55
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
what's throwing me off is the extra bits of boarder you have going on at lower mid level. Not sure why it's there. It would make sense if there was an opposite to it. But because there isn't one, it looks out of place.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #56
FireSunFox

I did something before my old tablet went on the fritz

At least I got some of the work done that you guys said was needed. The stupid thing just stopped working and I have no idea why?

Any way, going to post some close ups soon, really need some feed back!!! Thanks for your comments so far.
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 04:14 AM   #57
FireSunFox

A close up look...

Of the head....
Attached Images

Old 17-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #58
FireSunFox

A list...

Of things that need to be done?

Lips: still not happy with the way they are looking.
Branches: same thing really. Leaves/Flowers??
Buildings: need a more painted look.
Clouds?: not sure if I can get them looking any better, not really good at painting them non stop.

Thats what I think needs doing, anything you think I should add?
Old 17-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #59
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
NICE,
Love the eye and hair, and as you said there is something about the mouth just cant put my finger on it, maby it´s the colour and there is something about the upper lip.
And as I have said before love the art nouveau, the new corners looks awesome.

I also think the specular of the navel is a bit to big, other than that it looks really great and keep up the good work.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #60
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Gaia. Pretty cool idea and i like your scketches too. The style is awsome.
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote