>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 13-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
AVATAR – 2d – washka – ‘The Sacred Path’

Hello, this is my first post on threedy forums and it's my first contest.
I've started to work on the concept i'll post a first description soon.
Good luck all, have fun with your work!

[Edit]

Ok, so here is the conceptual idea:

A young god descends to the underworld using its personal mount, a crow. He wants to get a powerfull artifact, an old powerful warrior god's chest armor, sealed on a well protected sanctuary.
The problem is that there are powerful guardian monsters, sort of demons, keeping the place. So the young god will take the form of an elder priest to deceive the guardians...

He needs the chest armor because the powers of the old warrior god remain on it.
Why does he need power? His lover has been taken by another bad god (maybe an evil war god), and this one want her to marry him using force if necessary, poor goddess...
The big guardians will be chained to columns, the chest armor will be on an altar one the center of a wide place.

I'll try to make some research and documentation now, maybe some sketches too.
I'm sorry with my bad english, not my mother tongue.
Cya

[Edit]

I made some sketch test, but the previous concept with the sanctuary is not giving me enough inspiration.
It's too complicated for me, every times the scenery takes too much space and the main character is erased.
So first I'll try to focus on the main character, the avatar.

Concept 2:
A young god incarnated as a warrior descent to the underworld because he is the only one amongst the gods who can claim for an old powerful legacy remaining there, but shadows are waiting for him in the darkness...

I had some old sketches...

[Edit]
From now, I'll use attachment to show my last changes:
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 17-02-2009 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: Add
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Ambiance

I've decided to work on the second pose, I'll get some more detailed sketches next time.
I've tried to get a preview of the scenery ambiance, composition and lightning test:

Will you find the three monster moss hidden on the swamp?
I'll need some more documentation about mangrove swamps and wet atmosphere.

Last edited by washka; 23-12-2008 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: oO
Old 24-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
Munkybutt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
the first sketch is fantastic dude, wish i could draw like that!
Old 28-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
the first sketch is fantastic dude, wish i could draw like that!
Thanks a lot Munkybutt, if you practice enough, I'm sure it's only a matter of time that you get better than me, keep going on and sharpen your observation senses.
I got a drawing teacher on my school and I'm always fighting with him because i can't accept my own mistakes, but I still have so much to learn... That's how you grown up, accepting your own mistakes and hunting them, and if you can't always track them, sometimes others can help you.

I've been working on the shape and details of my avatar's sketch, I'll start the painting process soon adding some more volume and texture.
But first i need to work on the sketch of the scenery, I have already got some swamp documentation and inspiration for my hidden monsters.

[Edit]
I've been working a bit on the composition of the scenery.

I've also started to paint the face of my character, cleaning my sketch.

Next time, I'll try to get the whole body cleaned.

Last edited by washka; 31-12-2008 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: Adds
Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hello

Here is a small update, I have finished to clean the body, I'm working on the scenery atm.
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
Munkybutt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
looking fantastic!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
-IdanI-

Send a message via MSN to -IdanI-
Awards Showcase
this is great man, I really like your sketching style. Cant wait for the finished prduct. well done
-IdanI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
penguins
Penguin shaman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''feeling peckish, for peanuts'' 
Total Awards: 2
You are truly amazing, Best painting I have seen like ever. Love the style
penguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Thanks a lot Munkybutt, -IdanI-, and penguins, i truly appreciate. Now I'll need to surpass your expectations. (O_o) ...

Bad news for me:
I need to stop my painting work for a while because i got an important 3D project to finish for my studies, but I'll be back on the end of January / beginning of February.
But I'll continue to watch over your threads to see the advancement of your masterpieces, don't worry.

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 10-01-2009 at 01:02 PM..
Old 17-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #10
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Really loving that face. The speckle sketches are pretty sweet too.
AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
FireSunFox

This just keep's getting better, I find the way you work really interesting. Keep up the good work!!^^
FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
xeni

Send a message via MSN to xeni
kool work. like the model.
tc from shkelzen kernaja.
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=64569
xeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
Steban

Awards Showcase
good work, i like the shadows and the whole painting a lot.
Steban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
the character looks great, washka! looking forward to how he's going to be integrated into your scene - will keep my eye on this thread

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hello

Thanks a lot everybody, this is my first WIP and i got so many encouragements, i really appreciate, i feel embarrassed.

I'm finishing my 3D project so i can continue my painting.
I've been working on my crab this week end, it's not finished but here is the work:
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 01-02-2009 at 09:28 PM..