>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #16
POSEIdOON

So far love your work,
and in that last image you made
you used well the texture, it looks very realistic!

Great work
POSEIdOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #17
Jibberwocky

Incredible stuff. If I gained the ability to draw that well all at once I think my head would probably explode. I think my favorite thing about it is that I haven't ever seen anything quite like it. The combination of elements you have here is very interesting. Ethereal and vaguely dangerous all at once.

Last edited by Jibberwocky; 05-02-2009 at 10:09 PM..
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Excellent stuff, good backstory and great painting. The crab is looking fabulous and I really, really like yore concept of the main character.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #19
ez5k

Send a message via ICQ to ez5k
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: 4th Dominance War II Champion 
Total Awards: 2
Main character really interesting, I like proportions and forms.
First scetch awesome!
ez5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #20
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hiho!

POSEIdOON: I wanted to make a texture work for this challenge, i don't want to achieve a realistic result but that it seems "realistic".
Your magnetic field concept is really interesting, i like it, a lot of electric potential.

Jibberwocky:
Quote:
Ethereal and vaguely dangerous all at once.
You've got the feeling! That's what i want to communicate. And i know you're also working on something toothly dangerous.

mr_carl: Your "goat of the earth" concept is also amazing, i like the contrast between the fantastic side and the modern side. I should have used a 3D proxy for my "temple" because painting stairs is a real pain in the a.. , and i'm not really familiar with perspective. I wonder if you wanted to participate in the 3D category with your modelling work, because it was a good 3D workstart, really.

ez5k: I prefer your Vesta sketches , and your modeling work is really impressive. ( I don't know how did you get this style of viewport in 3dsmax) Maybe you should scale down the legs. Your 3D work is one of my favourite in this contest, good luck.

Here is a little upgrade of my work, I've been working on my temple, some texturing on my main character, and some more trees.
I still got so much painting work (background vegetation, water details, sky, lightning, colors...) and I'm progressing soo slowly...
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Temple

Temple upgrade... i'll need to add some shadows, fix some details...
It's not really a temple, it's a warrior's tomb.
Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 25-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #22
Jibberwocky

Looks pretty badass, man. Great colors on everything, and the attention to detail is awesome. Looking forward to the final image!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #23
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Good concept mate. and the main character is amazing. Looks awesome until now... I'll be back to see your updates.
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #24
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
common mate were´s the updates, it´s looking really grate.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #25
FireSunFox

Looking great so far, Good luck. I really hope you get it done in time!!!^^
FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #26
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quick update from a cybercafe

Got some internet connection problem, not resolved yet, so here is a quick
update from a cybercafe, I've nearly finished, some more adjustement, I'll try to post my final entry tonight with a complete WIP.
I'm waiting for your comments tonight for my corrections, . I really appreciate negative or positive critics, points of views, comments...
I'm also waiting for your final with a lot of impatience. Good luck for the achievement!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #27
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Well... again looks amazing! I think the reflective image on the water needs a bit more distortion.. like small waves present in every aquatic ambient. And the cross section between the character and the water looks a bit strange because the absence of waves. Looks like the objects are above a mirror unless water. But don't get me wrong mate.. you have a great piece of work here. Just one more thing... maybe you should put something on the horizon..mountains.. I don't know.. looks like the water is in contact with the sky.
Good luck!!
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #28
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Final submission

decosouza:
First time I'm working on 2D moving water reflection, I've used wave distortion, it's the same procedural for the left tree than the character.
In fact there are two distortion pass on the whole reflected images, but it doesn't look like the same maybe because the shapes are not on the same scale, i don't know... I'll try to get a better result next time.
The "mirror" style is not completly unwanted, if you look really carefully (you can't see it on my low def image), there are three circular wave around the character, the water is calm enough, just some wind.
About the cross section, it isn't clean, that's some correction I should do.
About the background, (it sucks I agree), we're in front of the sea's flat horizon (I know you like mountains ). In reality, i had to finish it quickly, but i wanted to add some more blur or mist, maybe I'll make some corrections and post it later out of challenge. It's impossible for me to work on my image the 08 : /
But thankz a lot for the constructive comments decosouza, I really appreciate, it helps me a lot.
My turn now: your background seems horizontally streched (I'm not the only one to get problems with backgrounds ), and I can't see the face of your beautiful lion, the woodstick is hiding his face, maybe you should move it a little bit. And a last comment: Zbrush rockz!

And here is a medium res piece, and the WIP sheet, I've already made my submission on the cgartaward gallery.

Album - 2D
Image Title - The Sacred Path
File description - A young god reincarnated on a mortal form descent to the underworld. He is the only one amongst the gods who can claim for an old hidden legacy, but shadows are waiting for him in the darkness...
Software Used - Adobe Photoshop

Old 08-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #29
Jibberwocky

While I agree the reflection is a bit strong, I can tell you right now that if my piece were in the 2d bracket rather than 3d, I would have given up after seeing this. Incredible work.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #30
Daniela Blanco

Send a message via MSN to Daniela Blanco
WOW!!! It's the best one here for sure.....in my opinion....
I really loved it......and about the reflection.....if we compare this with reality that's really strong.....but it's a so differente environment and style....that it's just perfect....Good luck....!!....you don't really need that :P
Daniela Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote