>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #31
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Excellent work, great that you finished in time, lots of little details to look at. tha caracter looks super great and the crab is awesome.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #32
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Ok... I can see the waves And don't get me wrong mate... like I said before you have done a GREAT work! It's really a beautiful image. About the face of my lion.. I just saw it when was too late to fix it and the streched background was intentional.
You certainly could be one of the winners! Great art.

Good Luck my friend!
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #33
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Thanks a lot for the kind comments

I'll post a corrective later (about the reflection problem, character's crossection problem, the background problem, the root-arm problem, some depth value problems, lightning, colors, some details etc...) Yes there is still some work...:'(
mr_carl: I like the crab too, it was my favorite part of the work. And it's great that you finished it in time you too, you're on my favourites painting on the 2D category.
decosouza: you can still move the stick if you want to, even out of competition
Daniela: I don't really believe in luck.
I don't know why but I want to paint a crow now, and i think I'll post it on threedy, maybe some dark spells...
Jibberwocky:
Quote:
I would have given up after seeing this.
Hey there will be no fun if none participate, don't said that, if we can't compete we can't get better. Look at the constructives comments on the forum on any thread, you can get the point of view of others artist/CG/painters that can only help you. If you don't participate you can't improve your skills, that's how you get experience.
But you know, everybody's got different skills, and that's what make this whole thing really interesting.
I've learned a lot during this first contest and each thread advancing get me motivated to continue my way.
Maybe we don't all share the same way, but there are crossroads, without crossroads, you can't see or even know there is other ways.
Next time maybe I'll be on the 3D category and you on the 2D, who knows?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #34
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Thanks, that's nice to here
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hi

Some re-work and corrections with another composition:
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote