>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 06-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #16
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom Send a message via Skype™ to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
Strogg... gothdamnit! You're so there!
I'm starting to hate you too, just like I hate Sathe.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 AM   #17
Bob Marley
Need to work more...

Send a message via MSN to Bob Marley
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Sweet, very nice.

I was thinking as your character is all futuristic, maybe you could do like Sathe girl (he s working on), this little area on the armor that have the bright purple color lines. You could maybe model some areas aswell on your armor, I know you dont have them on your concept and you probably dont want to do it, but I tought it could look cool.

Keep it up, its really working well.

Last edited by Bob Marley; 07-02-2009 at 03:58 AM..
Bob Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #18
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
It looks amazing mate! no critiques.. very well done!
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #19
Husam

I'm a big fan of yours stroggtank!! The way you intactly transform your ideas from 2D concepts to full 3D never seizes to amaze me, and this one looks like no exception.
I just can't wait to see this finished in all its 3D grandeur
Husam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
trashmito

Send a message via MSN to trashmito
Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Stylish figure! Looking great. I wish I could do 3d things like that...
trashmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
Bob Marley
Need to work more...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Well, I dont want to rush you...... but where are the updates : )
Old 23-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #22
ez5k

Send a message via ICQ to ez5k
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: 4th Dominance War II Champion 
Very interesting character, waiting for udates )
ez5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
stroggtank
Dead before battle

Send a message via MSN to stroggtank
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Frontpage with  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work ''The Final Warning'' was linked from the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Executioner'' Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Swimming Dinosaur'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''Lets Make a Splash Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 15
Hey thanks everybody for the replies! I´m very happy with the progress so far and of course following your advices.

I fixed some things in the armor (thnx for the tip!) and deleted a few more from the sketch :P
I´m not at my home at the moment :P so I´ll post the last updates tomorrow... Sadly i´ve had some health problems lately... I cant be in front of the computer that much plus a lot of work at the office... but this dude needs to be finished!!!

thanks & cheers!!
stroggtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
penguins
Penguin shaman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''feeling peckish, for peanuts'' 
sadness, Hope you get better soon. I wana see more
penguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #25
Jibberwocky

I really hope to see this done, man. He's gonna look great in the full splendor of.. Completeness.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Looking good!
One thing that I noticed is that the jaw hinge needs to be a bit sharper to get that harsh look
Also the fingers might look better if beefed up a bit.

GJ and GL dude!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #27
stroggtank
Dead before battle

Send a message via MSN to stroggtank
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Frontpage with  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work ''The Final Warning'' was linked from the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Executioner'' Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge ''Swimming Dinosaur'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''Lets Make a Splash Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 15
Guess what? nope... no more updates... I give up! my wrist is killing me!!! I´m really worried about this, guess i need therapy or something, i dont think it can get better before the deadline :P ... dude! i just cant work more than 20 minutes without it start to hurt... too sad... one thing for sure: once i get recovered i´m gonna finish this one... Thanks everybody for the kind replies! and GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!
stroggtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 AM   #28
Bob Marley
Need to work more...

Awards Showcase
Ow comon man, whats the problem??? You just need to use the other hand : )

No just kidding, well hope you ll fell better soon, as I really want to see that one finished.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #29
Jibberwocky

Really sorry to hear this, dude. I'll keep an eye out for whenever you finish it for sure, though.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #30
iatriki

I like your last update. very clean modeling! interesting cartoony style. Are you gonna do it completly with polymodeling? Or are you gonna do some sculpting?
iatriki is offline   Reply With Quote