>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
trashmito

Send a message via MSN to trashmito
Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
AVATAR - Comic - trashmito - Electrica

Greetings all!

I've been thinking about my avatar for a while now. The one I entering the contest with is not the first version. First I tended to do a creature close to nature, hunting, living with no worries. But I tought that is not what I want to do.
So my avatar is a super being, Electrica who is charged with electricity. Not only charged, but she radiates. She lives in a city witch is sealed on a planet with savage waists. One day Electrica came down from the sky as a tiny little girl, no one knows from where exactly, but the residents of the city saw her good intentions so they admitted her to their community. As she grew the people discovered the true nature of her destructive power. Anywhere she went, wrecked all the machines with her electromagnetic field. A craftmen taught about the problem, and made an armor witch increases Electrica's power, and also helps her to control it. Since then Electrica is able to fly and she became the protector of the city.
Except that she is a normal teenager, always smiling, always happy little girl. She like to sing and she really like little kids. Maybe she will play with them in the final picture ofcourse demonstrating her power in a friendly or funny way.
Her hair rising to the sky, because the electricity .
Attached Images

Last edited by trashmito; 07-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: Changing display image
trashmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I like it, good compo and great comic style, do some more please.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
POSEIdOON

Really nice sketches and inking

i have one question...did you made your sketch on paper or digitally?
POSEIdOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
trashmito

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Thank you guys!

I made my sketches on paper. The tool for the inking is isograph pen, but I had to vectorise the original, because I work in big size, so the lines would be lost otherwise.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
trashmito

Awards Showcase
This sketch is a little more about armor design. I enlighted it a bit. Maybe it's still not the final version.
Size A3, tool: 0.35 mechanical pencil.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
POSEIdOON

Thumbs up

I love your armor design, especially in the part of the arms

...and you have a very clean line art, thats why i asked if you made the sketches digitally.

I'll continue to see your work
that is looking really good

Last edited by POSEIdOON; 07-02-2009 at 01:47 PM..
Old 07-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
as POSEIdOON mentioned, really great line art you've got there and the arm peace's looks frikking awsome.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
trashmito

Awards Showcase
Okay, so here is todays process.
Steps:
1. I made a clear lineart of the previous picture.
2. Started to inking it.
3. Inking...
4. Inking...
5. Drawing some more...
6. Inking some more...
7. I was thinking more about the environment, and a strange idea came up: what if, the sealed city is a historical eclectic town under a huge dome. Well, I am living in a historical town so the inspiration is gerat. Just love old buildings . The tought was followed by action, and I drew the most detailed environment I possibly could imagine. Now it's only pencil. I'll work it out as soon as I can, if my time allows.
Electrica got a few changes on her armor, to fit more in this environment. Gothic elements are dominant. Anyway it's still a concept, but shaping well and I think the final scene will take place on the square below.
Hope you like it!
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Very nicely done background and the inking is looking great.
Are you going to colour it also or have it in a classic grayscale style.
I also wonder do you scan the image or photo it?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
trashmito

Awards Showcase
Thank you
Yes, I plan to do coloured picture too.
I scan the image, but my scanner is not very good, and I have to decrease the image size because of the size limit. If I finish this concept, I'll try to post a better quality picture.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
nacho_grande
Sith Lord

Awards Showcase
You have an awesome style and inking skills. Congrats and good luck!
Victorian Cabinet Scene
My 2d concepts & drawings thread
"I found your lack of faith disturbing"
nacho_grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #12
POSEIdOON

Thumbs up

Well, i don't know what to say except, it looks AWESOME!!!
...and the gothic buildings gives it a classy style

for me you're already a winner
Old 08-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
very nice indeed.

have you thought about putting some people in the square below? maybe looking upwards?

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #14
trashmito

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the comments, you're all very kind .

I had it on my mind that I put people on the square but haven't decided yet.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Your drawing/inking work roxx. Great stuff!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote