>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 08-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Great stuff, that background is awesome and the girl is looking sweet. Hope to see the finished product.

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #17
trashmito

Send a message via MSN to trashmito
Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
Today I outlined the city and painted night sky.
I'll keep the contrast between them.
Attached Images

trashmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
Husam

Wow man, this is some serious competition .. I think I better quit while I still can
Husam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
trashmito

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: For producing some winning artwork in the Avatar interforum competition The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Thanks for all the comments . I really appreciate the support.
The last update for today. Tomorrow I have to go to work....
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #20
Harorudokun
KUNWRX

Send a message via Yahoo to Harorudokun
..hey my friend...
... you really got some skills there...
... I was just wondering on the shoulders' part of the armor...
... are those syringes???...
... because at first glance, that was my impression...
... for me... that's the only confusing or not clearly expressed part of the design...

... but I like marriage the of your futuristic character placed on a classic back draft...
...let's see the colors!!!
Harorudokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
trashmito

Awards Showcase
Husam: Please don't quit! Turbo your creative juices ! Hope you were kidding .

Harorudokun: Thanks a lot . No, those aren't syringes. Those are some kind of conductors. I hope I get Electrica coloured soon .
Old 08-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #22
-IdanI-

Send a message via MSN to -IdanI-
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
hey man this is awesome, I love your drawing and inking, top notch work. keep up the good job and cant wait for the colored version.
-IdanI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #23
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Great line handling...
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #24
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5
So fresh and so clean. Very good line work.
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #25
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
your perspective on the church ledge tower just below the 3 windows is a bit off - I saw it pretty quickly cos it throws off the nice fisheye effect.

There's just a couple of things I think you should maybe try.

one : perhaps get some more extreme perspective into the character - to me her feet should be pulled away more (if that makes any sense - so they look smaller)

two : perhaps shift her downwards in the frame slightly or extend the image at the bottom- there's space there that isn't really committed to anything.
it'd be really nice to see the front faces of buildings coming up towards the camera at the bottom

just thoughts

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
madm4tt
Designer

Awards Showcase
Very interesting character, you've a nice touch mate, my compliments!! What did you do in real life? Are you a comic designer?

P.S.: the last draw posted is a scanned hand made sketch? Or there's a post work in PS?

Bye

Last edited by madm4tt; 09-02-2009 at 10:59 AM..
madm4tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
trashmito

Awards Showcase
Thanks for all!

poopipe: I'm not planning to do any changes on this one, cause this is only a concept but thanks for the reflections anyway . I'll consider them.

madm4tt: Thank you! I was drawing comics a few years ago for Hungarian papers, but now I'm a designer student and I work as an archeologist technician for a living. Plan to work as an illustrator, but it's really hard to make some money from this in my country.

PS post work: Brightness/Contrast .
Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #28
Jibberwocky

Awesome work, man. I really like the way you draw faces. Very expressive but still sharp and clean. I'm looking forward to the finished work.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #29
EliseuGouveia
Engine of Creation

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
WHOA!

Trashmito, these are GORGEOUS, you are unbelievably talented!

http://eliseugouveia.deviantart.com/
EliseuGouveia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
I really REALLY like the "bent" perspective view which you've really captured Very good job mate!.

Though I have to agree with poopie's crit: "your perspective on the church ledge tower just below the 3 windows is a bit off"

Looking forward for the rest of the inking

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote