>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 20-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #136
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Buzzy - Thanks! To be fair, I did squeeze in one quick sculpting pass, It was one subdivision level, and really just to tweak things here and there. I have learned however, shoe horning wholesale detail in an object space normal, is no picnic. Yes, the anchor is available, you have my blessing.

Joseph Pomeisl - Thanks.

newhere - Thanks. I ended up just keeping my thumbnail till I uploaded my final entries, so my final thumb is what's showing now.

SR_6274 - Yeah, you're right, a little light in those areas would probably. I tried getting some more in there for more final images, but they're still pretty dark, also, working with values that are RGB/5,5,5 and or lower, doesn't leave much room for lighting to effect. S'pose I pushed the black a bit too far.

Fixor - Thanks, yeah, you were absolutely right, warmer light was the way to go. I did have a light hitting it from below, and it was getting lost in the rim light some, but the warmer light, tho it blends with the key, I think works better.

aUGIS - Thanks.

chris_solo - Thanks. I'm glad you're liking it more each time, hopefully liking it the most in the final shot[s].

JuST - I kinda wanted to get crushed look on the isotainer, but was afraid to commit the time to actually doing, but Novian gave me the push to go for it. And I think it really did help to integreat the whole thing.

VinsanityV20 - Haha, thanks. I'm honored to be a member the hallowed halls that is your inspiration folder.

Sebiomegas - Thanks, I was trying to get him looking as unfriendly as possible.

Darbruce - Lol, I don't know if he's the better fish, just different, and I had the full resources to spend on one character/creature. I've been thinking of him more as a frog of sorts, but thanks none-the-less. :!

Anyway...so I did make the deadline, I believe, haven't found a way to verify it yet, but the fact that my thumbnail is now showing my final thumb, I'm guessing means my entry went thru. Been rather strapped for time, Had to pull an all nighter sunday night to get him as wrapped up as I did, still not completely satisfied, but that's the breaks sometime.

Kinda had to slap together the submission images, and cannibalizing and earlier image for my construction shot, which seemed kinda lame to have to do. Anyway, here goes, let me know what you guys think....

Also, most importantly, thanks for all the feedback and comments, I really wouldn't have gotten here otherwise.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #137
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Congrats on finishing. Love that pedestal, really great idea
Old 20-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #138
hicomehere

your pedestal idea also very good ,the beast seems very big for the pedestal~~
hicomehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #139
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Great job man. This is just a fantastic overall design job. Grats on finishing and good luck!
Old 20-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #140
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #141
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Well done, fella. Glad to see you made it.
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #142
Darbruce
It's an Hatastrophe!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
ahhh, the teeth read fish to me, but now that you mention it, he is more frogish. HAT TIP RETRACTED! lol. no, keep it, it brings luck.

Tags
dominance war, dwiv