>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 20-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #136
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Dude.

Just had another look at those poses you did for your beauty shots. I see you go rid of the blood on the lip which is good.

Awesome stuff ripping that polucount logo appart, love the effects on it. Could you do a render of that bottom right pose, i'd like to see what it looks like on it's own, if you don't mind.
Old 20-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #137
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Turned out pretty good. Glad you made it to the end.

Really wish they'd have let us break up that texture sheet, gets lame staring at a watch icon for a minute every time you press ctrl+s.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #138
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miycko View Post
Dude.

Just had another look at those poses you did for your beauty shots. I see you go rid of the blood on the lip which is good.

Awesome stuff ripping that polucount logo appart, love the effects on it. Could you do a render of that bottom right pose, i'd like to see what it looks like on it's own, if you don't mind.
Thanks for catching the blood btw; I didn't just remove the rather messy blotch on the lip, but since I was revisiting the blood smears anyway I ended up changing the blend mode on them to the one I used on the pedestal so they stood out less. They look more realistic and less cartoony in the end, I think, so thanks for making me take a second look.

Unfortunately, I can't get you the Master render for any individual poses. As soon as the contest was done, I wiped everything that wasn't necessary to keep from my computer. I had over 50 renders to play with (mostly variations with different backgrounds so I could magic wand them in photoshop and see which ones I got cleanest results with), as well as dozens of textures (all confusingly named), various models at different stages of completion - it was all a mess. I'll take a closer look around my folders and stuff later though; maybe it's still around.

EDIT: Well, the photoshop render is long gone - I got rid of all my PSD's. However, 3ds max autoback comes through once again! Here are some clean renders:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock 279 View Post
Turned out pretty good. Glad you made it to the end.

Really wish they'd have let us break up that texture sheet, gets lame staring at a watch icon for a minute every time you press ctrl+s.
Yes it certainly does Y'know, I'm serious questioning my thought process for that - I probably shoulda worked on 4 smaller texture maps than combined them all into the one HUGE one at the end - how would they know? Could've kept the pedestal and character on one sheet that way. Oh well; what's done is done, and overall D-War IV was awesome

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 20-05-2009 at 04:34 PM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #139
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Oh btw, Miycko: are you going to do the post D-War mini comp? Since I didn't get around to doing a 2D piece for the main comp, and since I didn't focus on my 2D for the mini comp, I was definitely thinking about entering the next 2D mini comp. Especially after seeing some speed art videos on Gametrailers lately - they really got me thinking about new ways to paint in photoshop:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/do...ergrowth/48478

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sp...rince-of/34326

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fi...rince-of/33651

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sp...rince-of/36138

I am so pumped for the next mini comp actually! And doing 2D will be ALOT easier on my laptop - can I count on seeing you there as well?

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #140
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
thanks for posting the images, i think that's the coolest pose

i'm DEFINATELY gonna enter the final mini comp. it's only this year that i started entering competitions and i wanna join as many as i possibly can.

i got my tablet in december so my colouring has only reached this level recently. Are you on deviant art? i joined the good vs evil competition wascom has going there, the image i entered is the first one in my gallery . if not you can start a gallery there, it's free and you can upload as much stuff as you feel like. plus there's some pretty inspiring art there.

thanks for all the help and support man, i definately would not have come this far without it.

can't wait to start the mini comp. speaking of which i wonder when it's starting

Last edited by miycko; 21-05-2009 at 02:51 PM..
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote