>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 18-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
DMIV - 2d - Ghostbrush - Untitled

Hey everyone!

new here! wanted to show my support by figting for you in the dominance wars!!!!!

so here is my thread for sketches and WIPS etc, decided I will be doing a Machine Cyborg, seems to be something I have an eye for and really like doing, as is evident in my other work.

Anyway here is my first coffee break sketch, obviously very far from done, the bot will be very organic and ornate in its technology and will display a fair amount of Giger influenced bio mech parts etc, looking forward to this challenge a lot.

2 Norm heads, 3 arms, lots of periphery eyes and probes etc!
Attached Images

Ghostbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Wink

ouch! freakishly cool man!
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
concept very interesting! I guess already the 3d modeling, good design man.--> oohh, sorry you are 2D class I had not seen, too bad for the 3D but very good for the 2D!

Last edited by chris_solo; 18-03-2009 at 03:27 PM..
chris_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I will be doing 2d, my 3d is really not up to standard with my 2d work atm.
Old 18-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Reminds me of the H.R. Giger aliens, in the freakishly good way.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
cheers! I love The Alien, pretty much changed my life that film.

Anyway back to sketching, going to win this for 2d!!!!!! ha ha
Old 18-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
good stuff. Liking the 2 arms in one idea lots.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
Already enjoying this way to much!!!!

some more sketches, will try some other things, need to focus on gettin everything designed to the same standard, but that stuff to work on

so glad i decided to join this challenge, got my work cut out for me if I going to finish, but i will do it, many hours between now and the deadline.

enjoy

c and c always appreciated
Attached Images

Old 18-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Send a message via Skype™ to Freekybevis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Im enjoying this one! creepily sophisticated. great proportions, great idea. only thing i dont like is the stingers. i would prefer to see something else in its place. something more...epic?
Old 18-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
yeaaah!! the sound of the drum is moving, the other forums will suffer...the war is engaged.
Old 18-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
yeh good point, I think the stingers are something i need to really give some thought, some kind of weapon that looks more brutal, i dunno maybe plasma cutters or something, shud really think of the enemy and how this cyborg could defend itself again magic and demons! will give it some thought, cheers Freekybevis
Old 18-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Awesome design, very creepy and a great start. My only crit would be that some of the proportions and shapes ring pretty close to Taehoon's winning DW2 entry. Not saying that you ripped off his design, more so that it might not do well in judging if the judges think it's too similar to a past winner. If this is really just purely for your own character though, then there's no reason to change it.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
yeh similar in that its bipedal, but mine is still pretty different if i honest, mine has 3 arms, 2 heads, the design on the actual machine is completely different, much more organic than Taehoons. I think your maybe being to picky here, these are first sketches with a lot likely to change. my 2 pence anyway
Old 18-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
I just mean the large upper torso, connected by a thin spine, leading to the large bow-legged legs.

It's just one of the first things that popped to mind though when I saw it, I figure you're final will probably change up quite a bit

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
yeh I see where your coming from, It will change no doubt, these things always do, I wanna play around and not get to attached to one design, thanks for pointing it out tho, like u said its worth considering as the judges may very well question it.

Looks like its back to sketching to sort this out then