>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 22-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
DWIV - 3D - Augis - Dessumachi

Hi everyone, I'm starting to work on my Norm Warlord character. Since I can't draw, I do 3d from photo references and imagination. Here is my concept :
Attached Images

Last edited by aUGIS; 02-04-2009 at 02:47 PM..
aUGIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Damn that font is hard to reed but it looks good though.
Waiting for some modelling now dude.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Yeah I probably couldn't have found font harder to read
Old 22-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Had couple hours today, so picked up references and started working on face area that will be without mask.
Attached Images

Old 22-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
I'd probably try to get a bit more done in terms of the overall shape of your creation before posting as it's really hard to give feedback when it's impossible to know where this is heading. How about blocking out the whole base of the design as a very low poly model just to give us a clue as to what you are aiming for
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Update
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Here is one more update
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
gestis

Oh, here you are! Good luck, dude!
Looks very archaic, i like that...
gestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Desumachi

Ok, so after day of removing edges I finally have something simmilar to low poly character. I still have couple polys I can add. (wire rendered differently in the center of char for some reason, therer are quad polys there.)
Any suggestions?
I will start on details next.
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Last update for today, this is were I'm heading with armour:
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
Withalboy

Nice Armor
Withalboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #12
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Thanks, I hope it turns out nicer
Old 27-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #13
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
You're latest armor is looking pretty cool. I'd go back and work on the pose and proportions of your character. He looks very stiff and flat right now. Get some good samurai refs and really try to capture some of the shapes they have. Some of their armor is very exaggerated, and it will really help sell the look.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckducker View Post
You're latest armor is looking pretty cool. I'd go back and work on the pose and proportions of your character. He looks very stiff and flat right now. Get some good samurai refs and really try to capture some of the shapes they have. Some of their armor is very exaggerated, and it will really help sell the look.
Thanks, I was actually going to pose using bones afterwards, Let me know If you know I would have problems with that

I have many samurai refs, I was planing to do most of exagerating using highpoly mesh and tranfer it with normalmaps, I never really did normal mapping on low poly char before, so I might be missing something
Old 28-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #15
aUGIS

Awards Showcase
Update

Here is latest update with some improvements, Thanks to Puckducker helmet horns became bigger
Attached Images