>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 20-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #76
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Talking Some More Progress.

Alright, Story:

I'm Calling this guy Lord Balron. (I think that sounds scary
enough) He's The key-bearer to the main gate of hell. The key-bearer
can only reign for a thousand millenia before the burden of holding the
key destroys their body with an Horrific infection that fills the Demons
body with tumors that eventually consume him. Out of the waste of the
infection a new Gate Lord is born... or something like that.

Decided to change direction a little and try to push the design more
and incorporate some of the story into the design.
Attached Images

Old 20-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #77
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Talking The Arm

The Arm.
Attached Images

Old 20-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #78
Steamtrooper

Send a message via MSN to Steamtrooper
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I did it despite my sloth like nature 
Total Awards: 2
Loving it Polysmooth, youve realy caught the tumorous sloughing look in a most unsettling way.

Cant wait for the textures.
Steamtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #79
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
very awesome man!
Old 20-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #80
Ghostbrush

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
! ! ! ! sickeningly brilliant ! ! ! ! the back stroy you have for him is really good too, fits very well and really helps the characters believability.

Good work!, but i sure you already know that

Alex
Ghostbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #81
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Talking The Head

The Head
Attached Images

Old 20-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #82
Fixor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
sexxxxxey! Love it!

DWIV - 3D - Fixor - Eckhart
Fixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #83
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Gross and awesome!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #84
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Yeah, that's totally disgusting, yet I keep looking at it. Should turn out pretty awesome once you get the textures on there.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #85
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I agree. The sculpting is really good.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #86
tb1alexc

Wow, that's a really interesting design, and the backstory is very cool. Any idea how he'll get about, will he have legs? One cool thing would be, seeing that he's the key bearer to hell, he'd only have to open and close the gate wouldn't he? So what if he had, over the past hundred milennia or so, become part of the gate, so that the keyhole was actually in his own body? Just an idea, it looks great, can't wait to see how you develop this.
tb1alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #87
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Talking Added the Legs

Making some more progress...
Still missing the hindlegs... I had actually finished
them but zbrush crashed on me
and more detail left on the legs before I move
on to the armor

Thanks for the replies.

tb1alexc- Good Idea, I might just have to use it.
Attached Images

Old 21-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #88
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
That's some demonic monstruosity. I really like the upper part, but I'm not a big fan of the legs. Maybe it's because of the junction part, I don't know. Maybe more sculpting work on the legs, maybe something like fish bones, or some merged vertebral column, not spiky but like some rings, some pile, keeping the shape but with inner details.
Something more like the design of the big hand. Or you could also adapt bigger round things on the segments of the legs (the going out skull style). Those are just suggestions, you've already an amazing work. Five star sculpting and a really good concept.
Kill them all!

Another leading soldier here, what a powerful army.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #89
yiyi

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
looking great! especially the hand. I had zb crashed on me too. hate when that happen.
yiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #90
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
With that keybearer thingy. Is his mouth the gate then?
I'd say it would be cool if he stalked the top of the gate on his legs. Though he sees more of a throne type...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote