>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 23-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #3301
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
hulahuga, thank you, I'm glad you like it.
aby arty, I have already finished a couple of them, pencils also but I have to wait a bit for the client to enjoy his piece just for himself. I usually don't need a permission for character portraits, mostly for magazine illustrations or cover books. So new stuff will be here soon.
julianchou11, lol, even more? I think this might be the longest thread on Threedy, just browse it from page one, I'm sure you'll soon get sick and tired of it. And yes, I will keep posting so it will get longer.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #3302
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Hey man you've been tagged!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #3303
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thanks man. Not sure I deserve it, I don't know how helpful is my thread for someone who wants to learn but your gesture is highly appreciated.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

www.avatarart.com
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #3304
Muhammad Imran

AV dude I'm back hows't going man?
Muhammad Imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #3305
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Hi guys, long time nothing posted but here are a few of my latest works. Enjoy!
Muhammad, hey man, glad to see you back on 3DT.
Attached Images

www.avatarart.com
Old 20-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #3306
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
Great updates. The first guy in your last post seems to have a bit of a lazy eye. Purposeful?
Old 20-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #3307
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Thanks invenio, glad you like it. And lol, thats an eye patch with an eye on it.

www.avatarart.com
Old 20-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #3308
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 2
Woow some new wonderful sketches
Old 20-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #3309
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Thank you eydi. Wow, that was a fast post.

www.avatarart.com
Old 20-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #3310
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar-3DT View Post
Thank you eydi. Wow, that was a fast post.
I like this one more good portrait sketch
Attached Images

Old 24-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #3311
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Dwaaaarrrf!!!

Like the veteran, the legs crossing is a bit "hard" to read, but I like the pose and all the lively details. The armored one's got some nice potential too.

Now let's smash some gre'en skins.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #3312
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Here we go guys, one more of the color stuff. A teenage vampire with a reticence for human blood, starving herself to death.
Attached Images

www.avatarart.com
Old 26-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #3313
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 3
I like this one. Her face is very expressive. Good scenery as well. But, one only knows is a vampire because you told us. I wonder if there is something you could add to let one know (dont know what thou). Also, it took me a bit too realize that there was a fence and some trees in the back. At first glance I though it was a wall. Maybe some moon light there could lighten the area behind the trees giving them more contrast.
Good image, I really liked it.
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #3314
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
I honestly can't say what I could do to make her look more vampire-like. The client didn't want grins and sharp teeth showing and what I told you is the back story I have been, laconically, given. Within the context of the character's story, the image makes sens. You can choose to ignore the vampire and judge only on the image or try to imagine the story, with the girls struggle to cling to her humanity, her refusal to feed on people, her disgust at the thought of feeding on any living creature. She is starving and afraid and alone and she doesn't know what to do with herself. She's depressed and desperate.

As for the fence - its not a critical element of the image. Adding more detail to the background (which is already very colorful and detailed) will further subtract focus from the character. The fence is there just to add to the realism of the background but I could have managed without it entirely.

www.avatarart.com
Old 26-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #3315
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar-3DT View Post
Thanks invenio, glad you like it. And lol, thats an eye patch with an eye on it.
No, I said the first guy. The elf dude.