>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 23-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Miycko's Art - please help

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread with the art i've done since i got my tablet.

Currently Working On NewBorn Bioweapon

&

Secret agent which i've currently put on hold so i can finish newborn

LATEST

NewBorn entry

Tiku BIOweapon

and my Secret Agent challenge entry

Escape

i'd forgotten to post this earlier. The Robo-spy's model sheet, i wasn't completely satisfied with the design so i'm gonna redo some stuff for http://www.digitalartistawards.com/about and enter her for the best character cartegory, 17 days to go, i'd better get crakin. C&C are welcome, if you have suggestions on how she can be improved please let me know

Attached Images

Last edited by miycko; 07-09-2009 at 02:53 PM..
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
And more

Loly Desktop
I was gonna use this for my flash portfolio but i never got down to it, so i decided to use it as a desktop picture instead. Her name's Loly. Hope you like it

Lizzy
On my birthday i decided to do a drawing for my Deviant ID so here it is. This is Lizzy, she's a machanic, plumber, electrician, etc. So i'll be drawing more of her.

Hope you like it. C&C are Welcome.

Nomekar

My entry for the dominance wars final mini competition, war general pets.

Maya Vs Evil

My entry for the wacom bring you vision to life (aparently not enough vision here)

This is maya. The hero of my Metal Skin comic. It's about time she entered a contest (painted specifically for the contest). Took two days - about 14 hours in total.

I've never owned a wacom so it would be cool to own one. I'm currently using a 4x3" Genius.

Hope you like it.

Serena

My Entry For the this years Dominance Wars Competition. I like the way it turned out (I guess it wasn't EPIC Enough though, i'll try harder next year). here's the link to my WIP thread

Serena & Anorath's Concept model sheet for Dominance Wars.

Serena & Anorath's Concept sheet for Dominance Wars.

Serena's Sealing
I wanted to do a painting of Serena's sealing. That is the process through which she gained her powers, so i did.
(serena is my dominance wars character by the way).

It took about sixteen hours in total. I get the feeling if i try to add anymore to it i might just ruin it, either that or i'm just feeling lazy which also seems to be a good reason for me to declair it finished.

Let me know what you think.

Drunk - Speed Painting Contest
I did this for a speed painting contest on 3dtotal.com and got a silver speed painting award - Way Cool.

Took about two hours in photoshop.

won a silver medal for this, way cool

Fatima
My entry for the Miligan fantart contest. A bit of a speed painting considering i found out about the contest pretty late. Took two days of painting. Aprroximately six hours.

I was the runner-up in the contest. Not what i was hoping for but it's something.

Last edited by miycko; 23-07-2009 at 12:39 PM..
Old 23-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Pain fanart
I had to do a fanart pic of Pain, she's my favourite Final Fantasy Character. Hope you like it. Comments and chriticism are welcome.

A portrait of Patience (a friend of mine)

and another one (speed paint)

the original pic

Luna
This is Luna. She's faught one of these Dino Demon things before so she knows how to deal with them.

Patra
My friend Anthony Zaza drew this, I did the colours

Lewis
Another drwawing by Anthony, which I coloured.

Dj Dude
A friend of mine drew this for his boss (Anthony), i coloured it. I was supposed to get paid but that never happened (Africa)

General Nox
He was my entry for this year's Dominance Wars Mini Challenge (my pc crashed with three days left so i didn't quite perfect it, oh well)

Rune World
Something I painted for the avatar competition earlier this year. WIP thread anyone link

Luna's Eye

Luna
Luna's a warrior. But lets not forget that she's total babe too. I just had to do a pic of her in her skimpies and i have to say she looks pretty fine.

& even more Luna
In a swamp, going up against a nasty monster which is a cross between snake and a worm.

Wildcat & Maximus
Something I did for a friend.

Liya's Search
Liya's a character in one of my comic books. I haven't finalised her design yet so every time i draw her she looks a little different. She's a bad girl that's packing a whole lot arsenal, she's got a terrible personality (which is wierd for a robot) and she gives the hero (Mya) a hell of a time.

Liya Desktop
My robo chick. Her design changes every time i draw her.

A Samurai Bicker that Anthony Zaza Draw. Coloured by me.

A fanart picture of Ava Rose by my friend Anthony Zaza, coloured by yours truely.

Last edited by miycko; 23-07-2009 at 12:53 PM..
Old 23-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Send a message via Skype™ to Freekybevis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
interesting stuff u got here miycko.

U got some kewl ideas and direction

when u painting next time, can u try stay away from such saturated mid tones, and such desaturated highlights and shadows plz ^_^? also try play with making the shadows cooler or warmer, instead of exactly the same hue as the midtones.
it might be beneficial to paint the painting in black and white first, then add colour layer over that and set it the black and white value painting to overlay.

keep up the good work
Freekybevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Freekybevis thanks a lot freaky beavis,

i'm gonna take your advice on painting, i think you're very right about me always using the same hue in the shadows & oversaturating the midtonnes (bad habbits i REALLY wanna get rid of) i've actually tried doing my stuff in black & white but after two & a half paintings i gave up (went through half of Mercy's baikini bash pic in B&W when i decided i couldn't do it anymore & went full colour) that was last month, when the judging for the contests i did the other two for is over i'll post them here.

Last edited by miycko; 23-07-2009 at 01:11 PM..
Old 23-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Now for the really old stuff 2007 Going Down

The 9 Shards Issue 3 cover
I coloured a full issue of this comic (23 pages), which i lost when my PC crashed-and then i sold it!!!!!

Last edited by miycko; 14-08-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Old 23-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Freekybevis
Black Label.

Send a message via Skype™ to Freekybevis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90032

http://www.artofpatri.com/

go browse through chuck,mate.'s sketchbook, hes got some very insipirational stuff and hes also got some kewl WIP's of the technique of painting value first then colour. matt dixon also paints the same way as far as i kw.

good luck
Freekybevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
thank you very much on my way over there
Old 24-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
freakybevis Thank you soo much for the link to chuck,mates sketchbook. not only am i inspired to try drawing new stuff but to try different styles as well.

thank you again
Old 25-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Artemis Fanart
I did this for http://spacecowboytv.deviantart.com/ 's fanart contest a couple week ago, my first try at painting greyscale i'm really happy with it but i definately need a lot of practice with working in black & white. ook about eight hours to do over three days. no win unfortunately

Last edited by miycko; 25-07-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Old 25-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
First advice I could give looking overall at your images: stay away from the soft brushes. You have a tendency to over use them so your images look blury. You do have some issues with anatomy, proportions, perspective and illumination so I strongly recommend the use of references and studies.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
i do have to say is the concept idea are cool. i think avatar pretty much Nils in on the head.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Avatar-3DT you're right about the soft brushes, everytime i use a hard brush i think the edges & change of colour look rough, it's probably time i stopped being so scared of them. i rarely use reference for anatomy & proportions, & when i do i end nup changing things, so i definately need to work on that. finally, perspective & illumination are just two of the things i find hardest to do, i'm here because i REALLY want to learn so i'll be posting WIP of my personal projects here for C&C. Thanks for taking a look

M_Cederstrom Thank you
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
Mercy Bikini Bash
This is for mrmarcus's bikini bash, Since i was already drawing Mercy, i thought why not have her enter the bash als well? 7-8 hours. Hope you like it

Mercy
She's an assasin whose cover's just been blown, so she had to get her gear on ASAP but only had enough time to get some of it on. took between 8 & 9 hours

Last edited by miycko; 14-08-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #15
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Awards Showcase
finally finished with my NewBorn entry,

Tiku BIOweapon

and my Secret Agent challenge entry

Escape

It's not often that i paint dark images, thought it might be a goo idea to try it out, what do you think?