>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Painting - "Hero Attacks"
bottom-table-gradient

Old 08-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Animationutz - Hero - Ninjerks

This is my 2nd speed painting challenge... im glad we got rid of the speed, now more time for fun! Anyways, this is my hero concept for now. His name is still not decided, but he is part of an elite rogue crazy ninja group called the Ninjerks. They may sound like a bad group of guys, being ninjas that like guns, explosions, violence and of course you traditional ninja tools... sword, stars, you get the idea... But when they find out that the Ninja Clan they used to respect has gone "Too Far" in trying to summon an ancient daemon to kill their enemies... Not understanding the daemons power the ninja clan become posessed and becomes a soul less clan of destructive ninjas who are bent on destroying the world... lost my train of thought.. oh yeah! The Daemon can only be stopped by on clan of ninjas that practice "alternate" ninjerk methods... And so begins the fight of their lives, their families, the ninja clan they once loved and a fried bannana stand that you could just die for... Hail the Ninjerks!
Attached Images

"You dont' do it for money, or you're a monkey. You don't think of the bottom line, or you're a monkey. You don't think of it in terms of hourly wage, yearly wage, even lifetime wage, or you're a monkey. In the end you don't even do it for love, although it would be nice to think so. You do it because to not do it is suicide."
-Stephen King

Last edited by animationutz; 08-11-2009 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: picture to big
animationutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
of course he doesnt have guns right now... those are soon to come!
"You dont' do it for money, or you're a monkey. You don't think of the bottom line, or you're a monkey. You don't think of it in terms of hourly wage, yearly wage, even lifetime wage, or you're a monkey. In the end you don't even do it for love, although it would be nice to think so. You do it because to not do it is suicide."
-Stephen King
Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
Size don't make a hero it heart and it sound like his as a lots of it! I like to see where is go, nice story concept.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Alright been awile since i been able to do anything. gonna have a rough draft of something by tonight of what im doing... i hope
-Stephen King
Old 18-11-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Some wip

Think im gonna have to call it a night, I welcome any comments on my wip
Attached Images

-Stephen King
Old 18-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #6
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Some wip

Think im gonna have to call it a night, I welcome any comments on my wip

Name:  ninjerk-wip-001.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  138.5 KB
-Stephen King
Old 18-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
I like the back ground. keep them coming.
Old 18-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Hey great perspective! I think that if you turn it just a little bit once you finish the work, the results will be better...try this when you're done =D
And, seriously, I loved your concept drawing...and their names!! Ninjerks...lol =D

Keep it up!

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
thank you all for the advice! One question Resenhista, when u say "turn" what exactly are you implying? kind of more of a canted camera angle? your advice would be well appreciated!
-Stephen King
Old 18-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #10
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
lol...it's kinda...rotate! Clockwise or counter-clockwise...now I got it, hehe

So, with that low focal point, I think that if you rotate the scene just a bit, I will appear better in the end =D

Will the ninja be black or white!??

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #11
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
he will be mostly black i figure... eyes glowing or somtin. lol certain things to distinguish his characteristics but still be shrouded in the shadows
-Stephen King
Old 22-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #12
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
been busy busy with work. thinking about reworking picture... only got a few days left... just cant make up my mind. busy busy busy
-Stephen King
Old 29-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
finally got to do a little work over the weekend. have 2 days to finish the painting. hope to do so. did major reconstructions. here is my idea compiled out of sketches. any coment for teh next 24 hours would be apreciated.
Attached Images

-Stephen King
Old 30-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #14
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
nice sketch but you need to work fast.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Heavenly
Imaginary Wings

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! 
Cool background

come and see my blog too... even if you don't like my handmades, maybe you will enjoy my music playlist....
My Blog

PORTOFOLIO
Heavenly is offline   Reply With Quote