>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Painting - "Hero Attacks"
bottom-table-gradient

Old 08-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges 
Total Awards: 8
JB - Hero - Muc cel Mic

steampunk hero saves the day, poac
Hello, it would be to bad to not give a go for this cool new challenge so here is my little hero by the name Muc cel Mic ( an old childrens storybook title ) he is a monster hunter that will save the humanity by the evil giant farting dragons, oh yeaa, and he will have a stupid companion allso that kinda screws his sneaking plans, i'l get more in the story when i got new ideas , until than here is a concept and a sketch, at the begining i was thinking about a mongolian type of warrior with a golden hammer, it woulded be cool to say IT's HAMMER TIME and smack the monster in the head, so i end up with a steampowered armor, and i think an electric hammer or so ( i'l think about this more, if you got any ideas feel free to post them )
Attached Images

Last edited by J.B.; 08-11-2009 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: damn power brake
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Hey JB! Long time no see Love your "childlike" designs, they always fit nice with any story! And it seems you have improved your painting skills, this is very good to see!

Keep it up man! =D

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
Brazucka

Lovely!
Brazucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
That cut... He kinda reminds me of a younger Thor.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #5
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5
Awesome character and composition JB. Maybe you scale the dragon up a bit. I think the greater size difference between the hero and dragon would make it even more humorous.
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanman View Post
Awesome character and composition JB. Maybe you scale the dragon up a bit. I think the greater size difference between the hero and dragon would make it even more humorous.
i second that.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges 
thank you guys for all your feedback
@resenhista - you will see more of my childlike designs because i work in children books illustrations for about two years, thanks to my lazy buddy Hammering3D
@zanman thanks for the advices, i'l surely try that
work is going real slow since i'm working on 3 books atm so when i get a little time of my own i draw a little more to the scene, so here is an update, thank you all again
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
who's talking lazy
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
nice update.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
cool man.

J.B. will soon be called KEREM BEYIT LITE !!

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
J.B.

Awards Showcase
what does that mean?
Edit:
ahahah i just did a google, i would love to paint like that guy :P

Last edited by J.B.; 12-11-2009 at 02:05 PM..
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #12
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
yeah me too !! XD

see my avataar , its kerems steampunk dragon.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
J.B.

Awards Showcase
another update, though i have to change one of his legs to look corect... i just realise that
Attached Images

Old 14-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
AbdultheNewt

This is wonderful! I love the texturing you have going on with the dragon. Can't wait to see it all come together.
Old 14-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
J.B.

Awards Showcase
some changes, i have changed the little dude's head position and the helmet, i use this reference for the helm but make it with metal and stuff...
Attached Images