>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Painting - "Hero Attacks"
bottom-table-gradient

Old 14-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #16
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
very nice work abdulthenewt, hope to see more updates soon , good luck
Old 15-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #17
AbdultheNewt

I think this may be it for this one. This was really my first digital painting of this sort and a great learning experience - some successes and plenty I'd do differently next time. So, speaking of next time, I think I'm going to keep the momentum going and tackle another one of the concepts I developed...

Still, hopefully people found this image pleasing - I certainly enjoyed making it. Love it, hate it, or somewhere in between, I welcome any comments. Thanks.

Old 15-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
this turn out realy cool considering this is your first time digital painting , keep up with the good works
Old 15-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #19
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
wow this is looking great.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #20
noundo

really interesting characters, but you got to work with light to make scene more bright and colorful, some more contrast shadows. also this guy stands in little strange pose, it is kinda unnatural. i think he should turn left a little with whole body...
noundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
LXD

I like the detail in the monsters face and the hairs coming out and catching the light. Overall great job, can't wait to see the next one. =)
LXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #22
derekguay

Nice. The water effect is awesome! You got it done in a day or so right? That's pretty good I'd say.
derekguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
AbdultheNewt

J.B, Cederstrom, LXD and DerekGuay - Thanks for all the kind words. I'm off and running on the next one and should have a new post pretty soon.

Noundo - thanks for the comments, not sure if I can address all of them, but I may come back around and tweak this image.
Old 17-11-2009, 02:23 AM   #24
AbdultheNewt

I've done some color blocking on my next image - still very early and rough. I also got some pressure from a few friends to start recording this process, so I've uploaded a video here. It was actually kind of fun for me to see the play back, so I'll try and capture the rest of the process.

Old 17-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #25
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
the first one is great, the lighting and mood work perfectly.

liking the composition for the 2nd sketch, my only suggestion being, maybe play with the camera 'pitch and roll' a little to give a more dynamic and dramatic feel.
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #26
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
i like you colors that your using. good work
"You dont' do it for money, or you're a monkey. You don't think of the bottom line, or you're a monkey. You don't think of it in terms of hourly wage, yearly wage, even lifetime wage, or you're a monkey. In the end you don't even do it for love, although it would be nice to think so. You do it because to not do it is suicide."
-Stephen King
animationutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #27
AbdultheNewt

Here's another quick update (still pretty rough, so be gentle), blocking in the hero (also posted as a video here). Don't get too worked up over the actual colors, really it's more about blocking in the values at this stage. I'll do some color balancing once I get everything fleshed out a little more. I'll try and get one more update in tonight.

Old 19-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #28
AbdultheNewt

That last update was looking a little rough, so I finished most of the color blocking (video posted here)and have this image update. Still more to do, but at least it gives a better sense of where this one is headed.

Old 19-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #29
J.B.

Awards Showcase
things are starting to look great , can't wait to see the next update
Old 19-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #30
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
abdulthenewt ! u r amazing none the less.
the frst image was rocking, only thing ididnt like was that upper corners were empty.

the second image is so good and its not even fnshed yet.
u sure got some eye for detail.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote