>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Off-Topic Discussion
bottom-table-gradient

Old 12-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #121
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Mantis Send a message via MSN to Psycho Mantis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason:  Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For some brilliant comments on the Lara Thread. Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won in the SMC 34 - Mix Me Baby One More Time Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
i only saw the movie. never watched the show with mc gyver. but if you say its not cheesy and full of plotnonses - then iīll give it a try. thanks for the hint.

the latest show that was known to me was flashpoint. a shoa about a canadian "swat" team, that tries to solve hostage situations by negotiating. fount it pretty entertaining, but itīs not following a plot. there is no storyline that binds the episodes together, so you dont have to watch it chronologically.
Psycho Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #122
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
Thanks, I hope to see it soon in 2d.

BTW, I've been a StarGate viewer for a long time, going through the first series, then Atlantis, and yesterday I started watching StarGate Universe. I find it a superb change of tone and pace from the other series, and I'm loving it very much ( up to episode 7 so far ). Much more realistic acting, non-cheesy plot direction, interesting plot build-up ( that I hope leads somewhere satisfying ) Anyone else seen it?
I've been watching it. Was more of a fan of the film than SG-1 and SG-A but I'm enjoying SG-U so far. It's definitely got potential but they've need to start moving the plot forward a little faster. The start of the second half of the season looks like they may have worked that out though, so it's worth sticking with

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #123
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom Send a message via Skype™ to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
SG-U is cool yeah... But since I got my hands on Breaking Bad, all the other shows seem so weak.
Highly recommended!!!
Old 18-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #124
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Geez... Yesterday it was my wife's birthday and she wanted to see Clash of the Titans.
Against all my advice, she insisted.
She was sad after because the movie sucks so hard it hurts
Old 18-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #125
rosaline

Last movie I saw was 'An education'.
Nice movie. Carry Mulligan was exceptional.

Last edited by rosaline; 19-04-2010 at 02:09 PM..
rosaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #126
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Went to see Kick-ass on Friday. It was pretty good but not as good as it should have been. It seems like they couldn't work out whether to go for a serious action movie or a comedy and ended up with a muddled in-between result, so it's a case of a good movie with some great scenes but it doesn't flow that well. Still worth seeing for the great bits though!

Old 18-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #127
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDoom View Post
Geez... Yesterday it was my wife's birthday and she wanted to see Clash of the Titans.
Against all my advice, she insisted.
She was sad after because the movie sucks so hard it hurts
Sorry to hear that, man. I really really wanted this movie to be awesome... Meh.

However, Iron Man 2 comes out in about 12 days!!

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #128
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek Send a message via Skype™ to TekNeek
Went to see Kick-Ass yesterday, and contrary to Perversonality, I liked how inbetween action and comedy this movie was, 'cause IMO it wouldn't have worked as either one.
It's at least better than Clash of the Titans *shudders*

finally saw Taken the other day, and never would've thought Liam Neeson could be so hardcore. Enjoyed it immensely.

Oh, and me and the missus have been going through the X-Files, and I've invented a simple drinkin game: a shot whenever somebody says "the truth"

you'll get hammered before the episode's done!
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #129
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Awards Showcase
CotT is one of those sad cases where it had everything to be an awesome movie, and they rushed it. They rushed the script, the CG, everything. They couldn't even take advantage of the cast to make it work.
Sad...
Old 19-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #130
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
I have seen CotT with my wife last Saturday. And i have seen it in 2d (glad I did btw).
Well, despite what everyone else is saying I actually liked the movie. True, it isn't by far the best I have ever seen, and I totally agree on the fact that the story could have been a lot better. But I didn't walked out the theater feeling miserable about seeing it.
Nukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #131
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
me either. it was what i expected it to be. a nice popcorn movie. and it doesnt try or pretend to be anything more. which is a plus.
Old 19-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #132
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason:  Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For some brilliant comments on the Lara Thread. Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won in the SMC 34 - Mix Me Baby One More Time Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
500 days of summer.... hm well.. one of those movies that wonīt make an impact and it doesnīt matter if you ve seen it or not.

running with scissors- Jesus F..king Christ... that was a sick story and the actors drove me nuts. wanted to kill everyone, cause this movie caused a lot of stress to watch. so you can consider it as a very good one - but donīt watch it when you wanna chill on the couch.
Old 19-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #133
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
500 days of summer.... hm well.. one of those movies that wonīt make an impact and it doesnīt matter if you ve seen it or not.
I saw that on an airplane. Everyone knew when the line about her nickname came up as I might have laughed a little too loud That's about the only good thing in the movie though it's a pleasant enough way to kill some time

Old 19-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #134
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Awards Showcase
what was so funny. she was just good in analytics?^^
btw - i find her sister much more attractive and a better actress.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #135
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRON MAN 2! I can't do CG for a couple of days now.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote