>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Matte Painting "2012"
bottom-table-gradient

Old 03-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
MatejaPetkovic

M-2012

Hi guys, let's start this one.

M
MatejaPetkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
MatejaPetkovic

first sketch/paintover.

M
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Claw

cool sketch dude!! nice start.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
nice start! Keep it coming M!

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
MatejaPetkovic

Thanks claw and eyecon, nice to see you here again

M
Old 04-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
denniz

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Great start. I like the craters caused by the impact. Can't wait to see more
denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
Dr.Rno

Amazing start, it's very clear.... nicely painted.... I liked very much your entry, wich wins, on the global warming challenge cgtantra.... dude, you're an expert on armaggedon style lol... stop kiddin, your skills are ipressive.... looking forward to this one folks, that's gonna be huge....
Keep on nice work....

peace
Dr.Rno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Jaxko

totally agreed. I really want to see your updates on this. The perspective is inspiring.
Jaxko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
MatejaPetkovic

thanks guys, nice to see some people here.

Greetings

M
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
Relderson

Send a message via MSN to Relderson
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
This is great!
Relderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Looks awesome. Although that's where the meteor stops, with a meteor that size the surrounding area would be totally obliterated. Just thought I should point that out. Nevertheless awesome image thus far.
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous Send a message via Skype™ to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here 
Total Awards: 7
Nice work, but the meteorit landed in very strange angle (think of landing airplane - that angle). I would suggest to do the crater shorter and deeper, because right now it seems to me logically impossible
Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
rocneasta

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
i think one of the coolest comments would be, hey you destroyed my house Mateja, if i actually were to live there

but nice concept, can't wait for details
rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
MatejaPetkovic

Thanks people for comments.
Yeah this scene is unrealistic, i did it in 20 min,but i wanted to start with something.

tomorrow new update

M
Old 06-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #15
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
I agree with other statements that the angle of entry is off, but I think it could work. The thing that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense is that the meteor impacts are all parallel to each other. No THAT'S really impossible. Vary it a little, maybe?