>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Matte Painting "2012"
bottom-table-gradient

Old 04-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #31
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Thanks guys... its been really difficult to pull this one off. I guess I had to much to chew on. And I just noticed that the image came out too dark for me... Darn it! Oh well next challenge then...

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #32
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
posting the slightly lighter version... I was soooo tired yesterday I didn't know the image as too dark for me.. anyway here is a much lighter and more acceptable for me now...

CGsociety Deviant

Old 04-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #33
atulkatdare

Send a message via Yahoo to atulkatdare
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
the best!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #34
Akim

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge The Coming of Ice Challenge: Polar Colony Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge  
Total Awards: 2
Great work! All process from first sketch till final work was interesting action
Akim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #35
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
thanks again guys. It was my pleasure creating this matte. Very challenging, and I guess 1 month is usually not enough to finish it.

CGsociety Deviant

Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #36
andreasrocha

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 12
Hi eyecon
Thanks for pointing out that I wasn't in the final entries thread.
Very cool work from you. I just think that some of the elements don't aid the composition, otherwise I would've voted for yours.
(I don't really like my final image. Very sloppy, whereas yours is crisp and clean)
Old 04-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #37
eyecon
Matte what?

Awards Showcase
no problems man... your work honestly is still a bit painterly BUT its the first look that makes it look realistic... Like the classic mattepaintings, thats why I voted for you. Your work reminds me of the real mattepaintings that was used before. Good luck man... and see you on the next challenge?

CGsociety Deviant

Old 05-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #38
StevoDigital

Very ambitious amount of destruction. Well done!
StevoDigital is offline   Reply With Quote