>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 12-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Wonderful amount of different colour methods and styles, great to see, hope we can see much more of your artwork in the not too distant future
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
you know it. I have been remodeling my house forthe these past two month. so my internet was disconnected. so during that time i took the time to study zbrush and 3d max a little, i hope that now i can transfer my 2d work to 3d work was well.

Last edited by M_Cederstrom; 13-03-2010 at 01:23 PM..
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
Wonderful amount of different colour methods and styles, great to see, hope we can see much more of your artwork in the not too distant future
Thanks chunkymunky, really appreciate the nice comment, it goes to my heart.
I hope I won't disapoint you in the nearly future, and if I do, you can complain to me.
Constructive comments are always appreciated, even negatives ones.

To Mr. C:
House remodeling is always a big mess and a lot of work and dirt, but you're always happy when it's finished with a nice result, then 5 years later...
Howww, 3D, so you've been secretly polishing your Zbrush skills, I hope I'll see that later then, I won't be far away.
Seeya!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
...juste un mot pour dire que ton style et ta personnalité se trouve dans "myths et légendes"(fantastique réalisation!) et le "dragon"...c'est juste mon sentiment et mon intuition.
... just one word to say that your style and your personality is in "Myths and Legends" (fantastic achievement!) and the "dragon" ... it's just my feeling and my intuition.

see you blue rabbit
Old 16-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #20
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Neat stuff!

The style is cool, especially the patterns in some of your works! Ones you find in Nautilus, Phalgusso and in the colombian thingy as well

Want to see more

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #21
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
To Mr. C:
House remodeling is always a big mess and a lot of work and dirt, but you're always happy when it's finished with a nice result, then 5 years later...
Howww, 3D, so you've been secretly polishing your Zbrush skills, I hope I'll see that later then, I won't be far away.
Seeya![/quote]

i should post something up pertty soon, in the organic section of the thread .Ill put make a new thread to night and a link on the bottom of my signuture.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #22
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Back

Quote:
...juste un mot pour dire que ton style et ta personnalité se trouve dans "myths et légendes"(fantastique réalisation!) et le "dragon"...c'est juste mon sentiment et mon intuition.
... just one word to say that your style and your personality is in "Myths and Legends" (fantastic achievement!) and the "dragon" ... it's just my feeling and my intuition.

see you blue rabbit
You right man!
Bien observé, rien n'échappe au regard d'acier de chris_solo!
Le dragon découle de mon travail sur "myths et légendes" ainsi que d'autres de mes painting/WIP.
C'est une technique/style que j'apprécie actuellement et que je travaille pas mal, d'ailleurs pour preuve deux nouvelles images.
Ca reste fort chargé, et pas toujours bien construit, je vais essayer de plus jouer avec des zones de silences et de la matière/couleurs dans mes prochains concepts, mieux gérer mes échelles et mes niveaux d'intérêt.
Mais ça ne veut pas dire que j'y resterai éternellement attaché, j'ai d'autres développements qui se préparent tout doucement, et après peut être un peu de Zbrush .

hulahuga Thanks man, you've always got a nice comment, I appreciate that!
You know, I've got something like 10 years more than you and something like 3 years of CG studies, and your skills are not far from mines, I think I'm even worst, but it doesn't really matter.
I would have wanted to start 3D/painting at your age, it's a great potential you've got man, I'm kinda jealous.
If you know what you want to do, don't waste it, let it go.
But don't forget that's hard work and open-minded listening that'll help you to progress on your way!

To Mr. C: Ok, when it's there I'll be on it.

About the new images:
A new conceptual I did today (3:30 on it), it's not Nautilus II but "Orchid", it can be any other thing you want, you're free to let go your imagination.
The other one is an old WIP that I wanted to share, another "Old one" I'm on, I'm not sure I'll keep da wings like that...
Comments and critics are always appreciated.
Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 17-03-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Old 17-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
whooosssh! le dragon est fantastique!! oO!
Old 17-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #24
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Nice view on the dragon! Original work on the wings. Does it have a story behind or was just a game of imagination?
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #25
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post

hulahuga Thanks man, you've always got a nice comment, I appreciate that!
You know, I've got something like 10 years more than you and something like 3 years of CG studies, and your skills are not far from mines, I think I'm even worst, but it doesn't really matter.
I would have wanted to start 3D/painting at your age, it's a great potential you've got man, I'm kinda jealous.

If you know what you want to do, don't waste it, let it go.
But don't forget that's hard work and open-minded listening that'll help you to progress on your way!.
Thanks Washka, very kind of you! =)

I'll try my best =), but as I'm still studying right now it is more of a hobby (even though it is always an option ). Recently started a thread in this section where I can hopefully get some hints on what I can improve, I'll try to post more as soon as possible.

As for your new concept, "Orchid", I like your colors and how you again used those almost Geigerlike repetitions . Also it looks a bit like a coral to me, which is what I think you might have meant with your name...

Again, thanks for your kind reply!

WIP

Last edited by hulahuga; 18-03-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Old 18-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #26
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Thanks

Quote:
whooosssh! le dragon est fantastique!! oO!
Merci bocoup chris!
Faut dire que c'est un peu "du lourd", mais je suis content que ça te plaise
Il doit encore évoluer, si tu as des critiques dessus je les attends avec impatience.

Quote:
Nice view on the dragon! Original work on the wings. Does it have a story behind or was just a game of imagination?
For Avatar-3DT:
I erased the little wizard on the background launching a "capture" spell.
In fact I've done a little speedpainting of two dragons heads (and neck) two years ago...and back then I wasn't really satisfied of my final result.
Then a month ago, looking onto my computer files, I step on it, then I got some new inspiration so I decided to restart the work: adding full body and wings and a biomechanical look coming from my last works.
So about the painting work it was mostfully a game of imagination.
But more I paint more I think about it, so the story is starting to appear slowly from itself.
Maybe I could add legs on it, already made some test but... maybe I could paint the body of the other dragon...
I'm not fixed yet, that's one of my big problem. And your dragon is awesome!

For hulahuga:
There is always something you can improve, techniques and knowledges have no limits, I'll try to give you some hints then.

I've been inspirated by HR Geiger's biomechanical, art I respect, but I think that his art is maybe a bit kinda cold and sad, his art doesn't seem to like colors, but maybe it's his vision of the biomechanical theme or the vision of his era that want that "cold mechanic", I don't know enough about all that stuff. But I think his art is quite awesome for horrors, monstruosities and erotics, and there is also a strong conceptual content onto his work, and I like concept.

But thanks for the colors comment, you're the first one to see the active use of it on this one, and the coral idea is quite interesting.
Colors can bring more to the concept, don't know if you know the art of Sparth?
And there is "the orchid", or "the coral", I tried to get some "vegetal" feeling there, but it looks like some horrrribble thingy.
But if you look a little bit more, just concentrate, take your time, there is some hidden concept of pure natural living beauty there. It's not cold.

Last edited by washka; 18-03-2010 at 09:53 PM..
Old 19-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Exactly what I think as well, that's why I want as much help as possible .

The thing I said about Giger was mostly about the way he uses his repetitions, not his color palette or concepts . But I agree, he is quite explicit in some ways, but that is his style, which also shows in the movie Alien.

About the mood set in the Orchid (which I prefer comparing to "The coral" as it doesn't give away to much): I like the colors, but you could try to perhaps "smooth it out" a bit, add on some smaller strokes which will help define the details and the entire picture.

One more thing to think about could also be the depth of the picture, think of what you could do to establish that a bit more as it is something you could take a step further in the rest of the paintings as well.
http://www.freewebs.com/jorgeg/Claud...Landscape_.jpg
Look at how it is done here... also bear in mind the color change that adds to the depth.

Cheers

WIP
Old 25-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #28
Vatsel
Slackercide

Send a message via AIM to Vatsel Send a message via MSN to Vatsel Send a message via Skype™ to Vatsel
I suggest you do more still life3s, as your value range is not realistic atm
Vatsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #29
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hi

hulahuga:
Quote:
[...] but you could try to perhaps "smooth it out" a bit, add on some smaller strokes which will help define the details and the entire picture.

One more thing to think about could also be the depth of the picture, think of what you could do to establish that a bit more as it is something you could take a step further in the rest of the paintings as well.
http://www.freewebs.com/jorgeg/Claud...Landscape_.jpg
Look at how it is done here... also bear in mind the color change that adds to the depth.
Colors: smooth and smaller strokes, I copy that, I'll try that for my next one.

And depth...Depth is my black beast, (litt. bête noire), I don't use enough blur on outline and backgrounds, I suck with level of details...
And I should desaturate/add light blue more with depth...
I need to change that, but it's gonna be hard for me (==> lazy guy), I'll try.

Vatsel:
Quote:
I suggest you do more still life3s, as your value range is not realistic atm
I completly agree with you, look at this it's quite amazing:
Impressive still lifes
I really appreciate thoses ones, this work is something, when you take a little distance you can see a photo.
My next step will be realistic works, and I've got a looot of still life work waiting for me, b&w and colors. I hope you'll make some critics on it , lot's of sketches and academical researchs.

So here is some personal opinion that could be irrelevant or shoking for some of you, so just don't read the next big text part if you don't wanna be shoked.

But actually, I don't want to achieve realistic results, (In the future I'll go this way), you know why?
I'm sad.
I'm sad because on the web, I just see too much photos that people are just copying, like printers. I see it, I see the photos.
When the people have just been copying it, I can see it, and most of the time (even if it's not always the case), it's just sad and empty, and it bothers me.
And my personal problem, it's that it's just a photo for me, I can't see any art there, it's just the reproduction of and image that a cold machine did.
And this reproduction is (in most of the cases) even worst than the original... I don't like printer work, and bad printer work is worst.
I'm not a machine, I don't want to be a machine, I don't like this industrial machine result the big majority of CG got, it sucks! (Sorry guys)
They're all doing the same, just like cold machines.

(I know it's not cold but it's for the drama tone, hope photographers will forgive me, taking a good picture is an entire profession I respect, friends of me)

It's the image of an image, even if there is some part of them going in during the reflection process, most of the time it's sad. Can I add empty?
There is already a distorsion there, and you add another one. Booo!
Even if I completly understand, accept, agree with the fact that it's the best way for learning and I practice it sometimes, I don't like printer work.
I prefer to get out, find some place where there is a real interesting landscape, find a seat, and try to draw it/paint it. Or some real nude model on an academic class. Or sketch from a real object. Thats a good still life practice. I like reality, there is already an interpretation on a photo, there is already a fixed perspective, fixed lightning, a fixed range of tone and colors, and so much fixed things, you can't even imagine. It's kinda frozen there.
Yes, you can change it, but most of the times I will feel da photo inside, and I will be sad. (Hopefully, there are exceptions)

But this comment is about "photo result", you can also practice still life with your own eye, and use your own eye to try to get a realistic value range.
And if you're colour blind, try gray:
Attached Images

Old 25-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #30
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
And this last gray one is a copy of a painting another guy did from a photo. Aouch o_O! (So it's a bad example)
I copied the guy's painting with some more photos references (I had seen the Dr.House series so I knew the subject's face a bit).
But for me, it was even worst than copying a photo. (Even if I'm quite happy about the result) Who want to copy it?
An inconvenient truth

By the way, somes of my last works [Edit later]:
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 25-03-2010 at 09:32 PM..

Tags
illustration, nexus, painting, speedpainting, washka