>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #571
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
One hour speedy, have a gn8:
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #572
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Other one, (using fractale brush), FF inspiration:

Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 09-09-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #573
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
End part of a strip about a menu, old people and food on resting houses:

Last edited by washka; 12-09-2011 at 03:29 PM..
Old 13-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #574
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Attached Images

Old 15-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #575
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
2 hours for a (future) wallpaper, sppedy + colors, have a nice day:

Old 17-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #576
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
This last one seems a bit angry. The upper part of the image looks like the jpeg got corrupted while it was saved. The composition seem a bit random, I cannot see a focal point which makes the eye slide across the image, maybe add some lights on the armor to catch the focus? I like the strong brush strokes. You're clearly not afraid to cover your space
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #577
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Yes, I'm a bit angry against digital those days, but I'll be back.
Btw I agree with all your comments, I haven't clean canvas yet, need some serious compo/focus and pointing light, and details.
Thanks for your constructive comm' Avatar, greatly appreciated!

Old 18-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #578
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
I like the forced perspective on this last one but I think you should decide if you want to focus on the outstretched hand or on the character - both being viable and good choices. This being a future wallpaper I guess it depends if you plan to keep your icons on the left hand side or on the right hand side.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #579
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
This being a future wallpaper I guess it depends if you plan to keep your icons on the left hand side or on the right hand side.
I wasn't even thinking about that, thanks for tip!

Old 20-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #580
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Personal Photo...Texture...Painting
I'll remove black center circle I think it'll be better:
Attached Images

Old 21-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #581
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Colors, take a few steps from your screen:
Attached Images

Old 21-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #582
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Looks kind of nice from afar actually .

I would like to see some pastel work from you

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #583
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Pastel hula?

=> Got my Alia painting waiting, but at this point it starts to eat my brain and I can't focus seriously, same for my other projects waiting.
Those last weeks, I've been too much onto computer and my brain needs rest.

I think I need some real week holiday without any computers, but I've got another deadline soon and can't go .

Hope your back to school was calm.

[Edit]
About post #580 => hope people'll understand it's the same image.

Last edited by washka; 21-09-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Old 21-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #584
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Yeah, with the smooth pastel like colors and the type of strokes you used it would be quite interesting =)

Well I have a math test tomorrow, so not really, a lot of work going on, lots of studying... But it is fun, inspiring to actually do something and a lot more stimulating.

Post 580, yeah, that was quite interesting to see how you found the shapes there and created something from it. Want to see more of that too!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #585
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hope you've made a good test man!
Math...I did somes at university, that was fun.

Alia WIP, still lot's of fixes'n tweaking, colors are still moving, same for details, but it's fixing slowly:

Tags
illustration, nexus, painting, speedpainting, washka