>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 08-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #61
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
(I'll try to smooth a bit more next time even if I'm not a big fan of smooth brushes, prefer hard ones)
Something I like about hulahuga, It's that each time, he allows me to explain myself giving me the exemple I've already choosen for my next comment.

What's the difference here? What's the link?
Between:
technique-painting-(artistical) creativity

Hehe. I do all I can to help =).

I'd say that technique is just a measure of how well you do the art (like strictly technically, obviously) whilst creativity can be more measured in the concepts. One might also say that technique is how you apply the paint whilst creativity is what and where you use it...

The girl looks neat !

Ps: cool eye as well :-). Might do an overpaint on that one .

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #62
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Seemed I was inspired .

Ps:
Somehow I lost a bit of image quality because I had to do a printscreen of it because photoshop freaked out...

Ps2 (wonder when the next gen is coming ):
It is definetly in order to give you a little homage Washka... Some of the techniques you've used with your brushes which I tried to replicate when reshaping the eye were very hard to do... Might be because I've been using CS5 brushes but still... Kudos to you!

WIP

Last edited by hulahuga; 08-05-2010 at 08:46 PM..
Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #63
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Wow awesome hulahuga, nice inspiration on this one, in my opinion your colors are working better than mine there. The texture effect is also a good idea. Thanks.

By the way, talking about texture and effect, I've been playing a bit on toshop too:
Attached Images

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 08-05-2010 at 09:09 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #64
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
What about those pearlbands of the east??? Might be cool as well .

I like the design of the throneroom, you loose perhaps a bit to much detail in the colored version...

How do you do all that red and yellow texture?? Is it a brush or what?

Consider going into the hue/saturation levels and tweak them, that's a part of what I did to get the colors right .. Might lift your image...

Ps: I think the colors worked better as well (a bit cocky... :P).

WIP
Old 09-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #65
Vatsel
Slackercide

Send a message via AIM to Vatsel Send a message via MSN to Vatsel Send a message via Skype™ to Vatsel
hmm Id still say do more still lifes
I know it sounds like a mantra, but they really do help!

keep up and all
Vatsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #66
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
StrongMind

Yes, I've lost lot's of details on this one hulahuga, but it's an athmos test so...
Red and yellow colors are from a texture on an hard light layer, then I brush a bit on the alpha (hard round brush with opacity 60-70%).

I'll try to do others still life then Vatsel.

New One for the conceptuals serie, title is "Strong Mind", was a bit tired after a few hours on it, but maybe I'll continue the work on it some day:

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #67
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Oh yes

And some elvish speeds I did yesterday for b**bs and stuff:
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #68
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post

New One for the conceptuals serie, title is "Strong Mind", was a bit tired after a few hours on it, but maybe I'll continue the work on it some day:
Why don't you try to bring out his forms a bit more, take him closer to that leaning old man

WIP
Old 12-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #69
darknake
trust me

Send a message via MSN to darknake
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I like the kittygirl
darknake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #70
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hi

Quote:
Why don't you try to bring out his forms a bit more
I'll hulahuga, but no too much, I like to let some self interpretation. Maybe I'll also add some old book, what do you think?

And I'm quite sure I'll use the previous color eye for one of my next painting.

Thanks darknake, like your last robot, agree with chunkymunky on the lightning, and this time you made some light background, I think your image suffocate less like this. I also like your last bloodknight.

Three new ones, a robot girl concept and two WIP:
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #71
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
You need to elongate his chin a bit more then, and perhaps shorten his forehead...
Book sounds nice, or perhaps an anemone as a night lamp...

Girl is cool, but the spikes have a more interesting design. What if you put a lot of those on a giant dark landscape with realistic lightning and drawing but with those same fictitious elements... think of it

The doc is in action again...

WIP
Old 13-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #72
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Thanks hulahuga, you know you're helping me a lot in my work, you're giving me the best comments here and I really appreciate that.

Water theme is quite interesting for Strong Mind, I'll think about it. (Not too much )
Won't shorten the "brain" part, want something really huge, don't know exactly where is the chin.
Like the anemone idea, I could also add some tentacles, some kind of calamar style, it could fit with the concept, I'll test that too.

Could you explain/sketch a bit more about the dark landscape design and the spikes?
If you've got some time, maybe you can show me what you mean?

Old 13-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #73
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Could you explain/sketch a bit more about the dark landscape design and the spikes?
If you've got some time, maybe you can show me what you mean?
Sure, why not

Regarding the "strong mind"...
The chin is the pointy area at the end of your jaw... . I usually just google the word if I come across any anatomical term in english...
And please do try the anemone, do the light as you wish, but a nice, soft pinkish light might be nice (blue might be cool as well ).
What if you continued on defining his hair as well .

Cheers matey!

WIP
Old 13-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #74
Vatsel
Slackercide

Send a message via AIM to Vatsel Send a message via MSN to Vatsel Send a message via Skype™ to Vatsel
Still lifes, Still lifes, Still lifes :]
Vatsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #75
hazelnice

well, its good! Just keep that up...
hazelnice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illustration, nexus, painting, speedpainting, washka