>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Game Art
bottom-table-gradient

Old 10-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
D R E A M N T

Send a message via AIM to D R E A M N T
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
D R E A M N T - SteamPunk - Kass

Gotta join in on this.

The daughter of a slum king,she set her place as first general of her fathers army early in her years.Single handedly feeding the slowly growing village of Yunik threw the carrying out of weekly raids and pillagings of other villages and small shelters in the area.She quickly was coined KASS(Angry Bird) when she introduced the use of a steam powered propulsion system in battle.Allowing her to take great leaps into and across the air.

She quickly refined her instrument.Making it more stylish and a lot more efficient.Mastering it quickly she became obsessed with the idea of bettering her fighting ability threw the combining of Self and Steam.

Hearing many stories of the one they call Pinion she decided to go threw with the operation.Having her arm amputated and replaced with a steam powered one she took 2 and a half months to fully recover.The village celebrated her full recovery by presenting her with a new(but really whats really new in this time) hammer they called "The Furnest".Made to disperse a high power blast of steam on impact.Searing skin and blistering leather with mere ease.Kass had returned back to her position stronger and better than ever and her first means of business is the elimination of a thief who wears an interesting gauntlet.

A gauntlet her village has labled "The Hand Of The God Thief".

D R E A M N T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
Appr_oved
Yojimbo level Art

this is sooo fkn sick man!, i love how you related us in ur entryy, its onnnn
Appr_oved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
ChaosDragonDZ
eager to learn

Send a message via AIM to ChaosDragonDZ
awesome bro, cant wait to see you get started!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I feel lots of love! Loveee the concept and story, looking forward!
TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
Appr_oved/ChaosDragonDZ/Terrabite - Thank you guys so much.I wont let you guys down!
Old 10-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Very cool concept
Fbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
nice concept, I think the one with the jacket compliments the shapes of the dress
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
FBIOS - Thanks man.

L3XICON - I agree with you L3x.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
its with jacket for me

i like ur top head sketch it has a nice feeling, did u use the blur tool
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
Tarik2d - Thats TWO for the jacket!Im liking where this is going.
Oh and I use the smudge tool for the head.I combined the smudge tool in Photoshop with one of its default square brushes.The trick is to set the brush you use to
scatter setting 4.In Brush Settings.Than its catches all color the way an oil paint brush would.Its such a pain but when done its amazing.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Arh nice one, cheers for that, its defo a nice look
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
I quickly sketched up a new face but now that I look at it I think I'll stick with the other.
Something about the first one has that PIZAZZ ya know.
Sorry for the crazy lop sided boobies!
But yea,you guys tell me what you think.
This face or the old one?

Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #13
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
lop sided boobs are just fine.

as far as the face goes, both are nice, but the first one has a younger feel to it, if that is what your going for.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #14
ChaosDragonDZ
eager to learn

Send a message via AIM to ChaosDragonDZ
I deff like the original face more, also i agree that there is nothing wrong with lopsided bewbies, also every chick you draw has huge tits. so keep drawing! looking forward to updates.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #15
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
i really really admire the first face :]
TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote