>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 24-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #46
luffie
luffie

Talking

hehe, thanks, all dragons are mostly cool

My 2d ART THREAD "click here"

"Accept the reality, believe the impossible"
luffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #47
luffie
luffie

Talking

This time its a berserk fan art. Femto, one of the demi-god from the God-Hand team. This is a fan art of the popular japanese comic called Berserk. I was reading stuffs about demons, and suddenly I remembered about Femto, thus I couldn't surpress my inner desire to paint him. As usual, I tried to do a slight variation from the original design but still remain recognizable, I guess it must be the helmet hehe. I thought of depicting the scene where he was just born from the egg, that's why you can see a shadow of the egg in the pic, at the bottom of his feet on the right side. Then there were also a multitude of demons on that scene, even the landscape itself warped and turn demonic.The picture is kinda big... ENJOY

might post some WIPs later on, be on your toes!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #48
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Aaaahwesooomezzzz! Like the fanart because the inspiration fit with the manga.
Funny because a few weeks ago I was trying to make some lill' beherit. xD
Good work, sweet lighting on figure and background is quite amazing too.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 03-02-2012 at 08:10 AM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #49
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Very nice work. If I might point, a rim light would make him "pop" better and a few highlights on the high areas using a slighter lighter purple would give his suit a bit more volume since now it seems kind of flat.
Also, maybe work some shadows into the background because that too seems a bit flat and all the detailing is lost because of the lack of surface.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #50
luffie
luffie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Aaaahwesooomezzzz! Like the fanart because the inspiration fit with the manga.
Funny because a few weeks ago I was trying to make some lill' beherit. xD
Good work, sweet lighting on figure and background is quite amazing too.
hahaha, I agree that Beherit is awesome, it has this creepy feel attached to it, it really fits the purpose of some kind of demonic ornament. Imagine wearing it as a necklace and walking around the mall, I am sure you'll get the stares hehe.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #51
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Hope you don't mind (MP me if you want it to be removed), it isn't as impressive than your last work but just to share this one, isn't finished yet, some kind of big behelit fanart: "Eye of the falcon":
Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #52
luffie
luffie

Talking

Quote:
Hope you don't mind (MP me if you want it to be removed), it isn't as impressive than your last work but just to share this one, isn't finished yet, some kind of big behelit fanart: "Eye of the falcon":
Pretty cool concept, you should mail it to Miura . But I find the design a little too complicated for a Behelit no? I wouldn't be able to recognize it as a behelit if you didn't mention it at all, perhaps you can simplify it or put Griffith's helmet beside it? Behelit's uniqueness seem to stem from simple recognizable elements (mouth eyes etc) that have distorted positions.

Now for another monster then! hehe....

Initially I was inspired by Games Workshop's Dark Eldar's Incubi illustration. The pose was cool and graceful so I wanted to create a simple painting with that pose. Slowly and slowly, I got carried away and it got into a full blown illustrations with a cruel character surrounded by 3 red imps. The imps were almost inspired by Slaneesh daemonette's designs. he is, The Blood Prince..!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #53
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Agree, quite messed up mix. One of my bad habit. Result is quite unrecognizable, I'll clean it a bit more.
I'm just keeping the Behelit concept and playing with eyes and falcon elements, not just mouth eye and nose, sorry I've lost the authenticity of Berserk's, it sucks, but I don't want to make something authentic I like the spirit and had a lill' inspiration from it.
Your fanart is authentic and that's great too.

Last one is quite impressive, full 2D painting or hybrid technique?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #54
luffie
luffie

@washka: Ah I see, if it is an inspiration from behelit then there's no need for too much similarity, I might even say, go wild with it, bring it even further!

The Blood Prince is a 2d painting, but as with my other paintings, there's always a bit of photo textures here and there, and of course, references

Old 27-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #55
luffie
luffie

Smile

The last was a demon, this time its an angel!

What started as a simple fun sketch in the beginning ends up into a complete illustrations . I simply wanted to try out different way to do a painting, I used to paint in black and white straight into the canvas, using shapes and values and figuring out the details on the go. Overtime, I find that my method has its own flaws. Firstly, the colors are really hard to pin down, unless I have an exact image in my mind or a very good color reference, otherwise I will have to start form laying muddy looking colors layer by layer and do some trial and error too. Secondly, figuring out details on the go and painting it straight with shapes and volumes is hard, some times its just easier to draw the outlines first, just like when we are using only pencils.

So this time, I actually start by drawing the lines first rather than blocking shapes, laying colors underneath the lines to test the colors without worrying about painting over the details. And paint straight using colors rather than with black and white. I could say I was pleased with the results. Painting details was definitely much easier if I drew the outlines first. I am not sure about the colors, with black and white I could concentrate on getting nice smooth values, it was a little harder with colors, but it definitely results in richer colors. (There are 4 demons on the background, the other 3 are miscellaneous but you might find violator familiar..)

Overall I am pleased with the results, I'll just have to find a balance between this new approach and my old habits, or... I could just work harder . Hope you love Redeemer and may you spread his angelic love by commenting

Might upload some WIPs later

about 3 days on and off

Old 28-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #56
Fotology.dk
Change the Shadow

Send a message via MSN to Fotology.dk
Love you last pice with the dak angel.

Great depth in this piece.
Old 20-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #57
luffie
luffie

Smile

Azazel Unconquered

"And with a wave of his arm, an Inferno of poisonous demonic flames burst forth into existence. Brimming with fierce powerful energies, the fires circle him in never ending cycles, and malevolent spirits began to gather and coalesce into draconic forms, emerging from the flames greeting their creator and ready to do his bidding. Azazel could do this effortlessly, infinitely, and he will send forth endless waves of draconic abominations, till the whole kingdom is devoured from existence."

This piece was pretty difficult to do, it took me quite some time to figure out the design and composition. I wanted to upgrade his look but make him still recognizable from his previous rendition. At first I never thought of including any dragon, I just wanted to portray him alone conjuring mighty eldritch spells. But after a while, the painting seem a little empty, yet I was too lazy to render another army of minions or monsters surrounding him. So after much delibrate thought, I decided to include 3 dragons encircling him, its the least number of dragons I could include.

Coloring him was also a pain, since I was actually clueless about the best color scheme for him (this was designed on they fly, so there was no concept art to rely on). After much trial and error again, this is what I ended up with. Perhaps there are somethings that can still be added but I guess I just leave it at here and put my effort on the next piece, this one is good as it is for now.

This is previous version :

Close Up

Old 20-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #58
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
You're a lot into angels and demons stuff.

Last Azazel piece is getting better and better, impressive and big piece of work already, like torso/wings posture and lot's of good details.

Just a 50 cent idea, about lighting and colors: imagine an horizontal red/orange blade coming from the right (to Azazel's belt), this kind of background lightning/athmos could give more depth to the whole scene, it'll detach the background right mountains, the blue/grey demon and the nearest dragon neck/head , it'll also add more focus to the demon.
And if you reflect it from ground to basis of the neck of the three top central dragon heads, they'll detach even more, same for azazel's head.

Maybe I should overpaint to explain that...

Try to find a balance with the visual effects, keep on this way!

Old 20-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #59
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
^^ oogle eyed over oodles of awesomeness . welcome back luffie
kinda jealous about these pieces watch your back for scorching rasengans

love the angel guy too spick and happening.
i have a question though, the last image how did you do the dress of azazel in previous version?

did u paint it flat frount and then moved it in perpective? or did u draw in perspective only?
if possible explain us wth a mini process.

i personally liked azazel in the previous version the current version got too much pink for my taste.

and the previous dress sooo epic i love it. you could have just made his weapon dual pike spear and added few lightenning flashes wth lesse dragon.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #60
luffie
luffie

Smile

Quote:
You're a lot into angels and demons stuff.

Last Azazel piece is getting better and better, impressive and big piece of work already, like torso/wings posture and lot's of good details.

Just a 50 cent idea, about lighting and colors: imagine an horizontal red/orange blade coming from the right (to Azazel's belt), this kind of background lightning/athmos could give more depth to the whole scene, it'll detach the background right mountains, the blue/grey demon and the nearest dragon neck/head , it'll also add more focus to the demon.
And if you reflect it from ground to basis of the neck of the three top central dragon heads, they'll detach even more, same for azazel's head.

Maybe I should overpaint to explain that...

Try to find a balance with the visual effects, keep on this way!
I think you should really try to over-paint, can't wait to see it!! Yup the last piece was a little messy since it is my first try to paint such a crowd...

Tags
angel, concept art, dragon, dream accent, luffie