>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 24-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
DarkBoost

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in SMC #87 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in a speed modeling challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
@MutatedHelix, @hulahuga, @inveni0 - Thanks... I look forward to seeing more entries.
DarkBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #32
BinaryLatin

Hope i get to finish it... Also nice work DarkBoost!

BinaryLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #33
Arsenal

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won the first Weekly Photo Modelling challenge -  Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Hi all, here is my progress. Will be chopping down the poly count soon.
Attached Images

Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #34
ganymedegraphic

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 1
Well here's my entry, hope I'm not too late... it's fun to try anyway!

1112 tris, diffuse and normal map.

Enjoy
ganymedegraphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #35
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
that's a nice one, have you got a bigger final render?
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #36
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
just over 24 hours to go!
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #37
ganymedegraphic

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge 
yeppers i'll upload one in a minute
Old 25-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #38
ganymedegraphic

Awards Showcase
Old 25-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #39
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Looks great

Only thing that looks a wee bit off is the roof, looks a bit to squarish...

Otherwise as I said, great!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #40
ganymedegraphic

Awards Showcase
are you referring to the edges? thanks for the input
Old 25-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #41
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Darn school, getting in my way again

I'd love to enter a submission for this but I have to study for a programming test tomorrow :<
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #42
Pedro Jatobá
Pedro Jatobá

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Jatobá Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Jatobá
Hey guys , this is my entry ...
I had alot of fun modeling it... and alot of problems baking textures.
Thank god I've solved it before the deadline...

Good Lucky to everyone !

High Poly
Clay Render
Wireframe
TextureSheet
Final Render
Attached Images

Pedro Jatobá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #43
KevRyan

Phew, managed to get it in 12 hours and 4 minutes before deadline, I'll have to do this in college next year :P
This was my first 3D modelling challenge I've taken part in and I'm certain it wont be my last.
Good work and good luck to all who entered. Regardless of how I shape up with some of these other fantastic entries, I will be on here tomorrow to see what the challenge is for next week

1535 Tris
Scanline Renders with Light Tracer

Click for larger image.

I'm so glad I added in the hinges

Note about the textures. On the actual model itself the texture sheet has a dark grey wood textured background to deal with any UV spillage. But it made telling the difference between the bump and the diffuse fairly impossible. So I put this one up here to make it handier.

Team Nevermind My team for Dare 2010!
-------------------------------------------------------
http://guerillacg.com/<<Freakin' incredible!

Last edited by KevRyan; 26-05-2010 at 01:41 AM..
KevRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #44
Cyrael

well I decided to join up.. I've lurked here for awhile, and thought I had an account but I guess not... first post and first challenge here.. Woohoo!

http://blog.aheroicnight.com/__onecl...tationcomp.jpg

these are just viewport screen grabs, except the wireframe render.

http://blog.aheroicnight.com/__onecl..._composite.jpg
Cyrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #45
behemoth

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 2
Wow these are looking pretty awesome! I should have mine up sometime tonight. This is the first time i've checked back all week and I must say there's some great work here.
behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote