>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 19-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Week #2 - Church Gateway - High Poly

Hi everyone, I photographed this little gateway near Stratford Upon Avon the other day, maybe Shakespeare walked through it once, who knows...

This is the version without any poly or texture limits, please still keep them clean and economical where-ever possible as we would like the models to be donated to our free resource library wherever possible.

Here is the photo set

Please post your wire, clay, texture sheets and final render in this thread, wip and on topic chat is also fine here too, these challenges are supposed to be fun and we are not too strict on the rules. The only prizes are a gold, silver and bronze award handed out to both high and low poly versions each week.

Deadlines will be as always Midday GMT next wednesday
Attached Images

Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
MutatedHelix

Send a message via MSN to MutatedHelix Send a message via Skype™ to MutatedHelix
Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd place in Weekly Photo Modelling challenge : Week #2 - Church Gateway - High Poly 
Total Awards: 1
Awesome!, I'm going to try my best, already started early this morning!
MutatedHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Pedro Jatobá
Pedro Jatobá

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Jatobá Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Jatobá
Cool.. at least I'll be able to take part into this one...
dunno about the low poly , but I'm working into the high poly already
Pedro Jatobá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
Pedro Jatobá
Pedro Jatobá

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Jatobá Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Jatobá
Did some high poly modeling ,

I'll try to make the low poly of it later,
Attached Images

Pedro Jatobá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
MutatedHelix

Send a message via MSN to MutatedHelix Send a message via Skype™ to MutatedHelix
Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd place in Weekly Photo Modelling challenge : Week #2 - Church Gateway - High Poly 
I had fun trying to make the high_poly model, I still have a lot to learn!

Here's the wireframe on shaded view:

Name:  3DTOTALFORUM_Week2_Churchgate.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  80.7 KB

And here is a shaded render [ I'm too sure if this counts as a clay render. ]

Name:  Day_Clay_Render_Rear.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  102.2 KB
Old 21-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp 
Total Awards: 8
Great modeling, they both look great and capture the gateway down to every detail.

Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure they need to be textured to be considered a valid entry.
VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
MutatedHelix

Awards Showcase
VersionThirst: Thank you..understood, busy with texturing right now!
Old 22-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Nice models guys . Overall clean meshes.

Mutatedhelix - You might want to think of the uniformity of your roof. You have a lot of polys to play with there...

Let's see where you take this guys

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
MutatedHelix

Awards Showcase
@hulahuga: Hello, will do. I was at first wondering what you mean't by uniformity, but now I see the roof tiles don't look at all like those from the reference image - randomized extrusion is not my friend! Thanks!
Old 23-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Hehe .

WIP
Old 24-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #11
KevRyan

I'm really looking forward to seeing these models textured, as I'm only doing a texture for a low-poly version

Team Nevermind My team for Dare 2010!
-------------------------------------------------------
http://guerillacg.com/<<Freakin' incredible!
KevRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #12
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
just over 24 hours to go!
Old 25-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
MutatedHelix

Awards Showcase
I tried to fix the roof tiles, not too happy how they turned out.

Name:  roof_fix.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  155.1 KB
Name:  Gate_Back copy.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  92.3 KB
Name:  3DTOTALFORUM_Week2_Churchgate2.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  75.6 KB

Here's a textured render - I'm no pro at texturing, still have to learn loads more. :B
I just used some basic textures from the supplied images, only bump on the ground plane.
Old 25-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Look at the ref... You see that the lower tiles are larger than the top ones, try that

WIP
Old 25-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
good job MH, this comp is great for practising your skills.