|14-06-2010, 09:14 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lighting Artist (Naughty Dog)
Naughty Dog is hiring! We are the creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted. We have a opening in our lighting department. Do you love godrays coming through glass windows with a mirage-like rainbow hue? Do you hate games with only baked lighting and not a single dynamic light? Well have we got the job for you!
· Working directly with our Art, Cinematic, and Programming teams, the Lighting Artist is responsible for creating the look of our games
· Create visually awesome/compelling 3D game environments
· Work with Art and Programming team to solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
· Assist in pushing the look of a given project to new industry levels
Requirements and Skills
· Production experience with PS3, XBOX 360, and/or PC is required
· Proven industry experience as an Environment or Lighting Artist on at least one AAA title is preferred
· Wide understanding of lighting/rendering technologies (pre-render and real-time rendering, sub surface scattering, HDR, refraction, etc)
· Familiar with Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop in addition to an implicit ability to learn new tools
· Strong background in traditional art and/or photography
· Have extensive knowledge of vertex coloring and vertex lighting in Maya combined with sound knowledge and/or use of advanced lighting techniques in the video game or VFX industries.
· Advanced experience with Maya and creating simple Mel scripts is preferred
· Ability to work with minimal direction
In your portfolio please include three examples of your most impressive work. Please send your resumes as doc or pdf files. We accept attached portfolios but online portfolios are preferred. Send all this to Candace_Walker@Naughtydog.com. Best of luck!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|