>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 24-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Week #5 - British Telephone Box - Low Poly

Hi All,

This set isn't as comprehensive as it could be but I'm sure you guys can improvise a bit where needed.

You are required to make the phone box and the phone inside.

The limits for this week are 1,500 tris and 1024 texture sheet - any textures are cool, normals, specs etc to make it look as near to the photo as possible! As this is how they will be judged

Here is the photo set

Please post your wire, clay, texture sheets and final render in this thread, wip and on topic chat is also fine here too, these challenges are supposed to be fun and we are not too strict on the rules. The only prizes are a gold, silver and bronze award handed out to both high and low poly versions each week.

Deadlines as always Midday GMT 1 week away, so this will be Thursday 1st July

Also please note that one of the reasons for these challenges is to help grow our free resource libraries, so the model donations at some point in the future when our system is ready would make us very happy and give a new dimension to the free image library we are building up every week.
Attached Images

Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
New to the challenges here, thought I'd give this one a shot.

Roughed out the booth and base of the phone. Will most likely add more detail to the booth with the leftover tri's once the phone is finished. 704 tri's total so far
Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
bibhuti

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 1
some pics

Ok friends i m giving u some photos. which is i found of internet it gives u to do some detail. Inside look of telephone booth and the outer side look where the telephone stand is. I hope it helps u
Attached Images

bibhuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
jakeydoo

Yay another one to do . I missed the other ones but I still done them for fun, heres what I done http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=76916 ,but this one I can enter in lets get to it.

"Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."
jakeydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
ripplysquirrel

Struggling on this one... almost at 1k now! couple of quick wip pics!

Old 25-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
Interesting comp...i remember making one of these for a client like 3 or 4 years ago.

if i can use it in this comp please let me know and i will post up wires n such.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875

Last edited by newhere; 25-06-2010 at 11:15 AM..
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer89 View Post
New to the challenges here, thought I'd give this one a shot.
Welcome indeed! good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibhuti View Post
Ok friends i m giving u some photos. which is i found of internet it gives u to do some detail. Inside look of telephone booth and the outer side look where the telephone stand is. I hope it helps u
Thanks for the extra refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeydoo View Post
Yay another one to do . I missed the other ones but I still done them for fun, heres what I done
Great job on the old challenges and great to see you have caught up to compete in realtime now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripplysquirrel View Post
Struggling on this one... almost at 1k now! couple of quick wip pics!
Yeah I thought this one could be harder than the others, be interesting to see where people use the polys

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhere View Post
Interesting comp...i remember making one of these for a client like 3 or 4 years ago.

if i can use it in this comp please let me know and i will post up wires n such.
Sorry new work only, and it has to match our refs too

cheers all, Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 8
bibhuti - Thanks for the reference pic of the back of the booth. I feel a little disadvantaged since I've never actually seen one of these in person.

I started, but put too much detail in. I think I'll have to bake the window frame parts into the normal. I still have the phone to model too.
Attached Images

VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Finished the phone, and smoothed out some parts of the booth. Just need to add the textures now. Total tri's: 1248

Old 26-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Progress shot so far.

Lowpoly booth is done.
High poly booth is almost finished, I struggle a bit with the crown but I'll get it done somehow.
interior is yet to be started.

Hopefully I can contribute with some competition but everyone's booths looks so good :[
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Still tweaking some things, but here's the current wip.
Old 27-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
Arsenal

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won the first Weekly Photo Modelling challenge -  Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 2
nice progress Slayer89!
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Thanks! Planning on entering this photo challenge?
Old 27-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Arsenal

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won the first Weekly Photo Modelling challenge -  Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 2
I'm tempted but, I just entered the movie-mashup last week and need some catching up to do. I'll know for sure on Monday if I have time for this challenge.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
ints
ints

Send a message via ICQ to ints Send a message via Skype™ to ints
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
British Telephone Box

Modeled in LightWave.
Poligons - 363
Vertices - 338
Attached Images

ints is offline   Reply With Quote