>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives
bottom-table-gradient

Old 16-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #1501
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
My finals.

If I knew the wip images would get resized I would have done so myself... The quality would at least be way better..

Anyway yeah.. not happy at all with my presentation/pose and what not but meh. At least I finished in time! =D
Attached Images

Old 16-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #1502
Astaroth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
ok, i'm uploading here, before going to the submission page
here is the final

and here are four WIP sheets

ok, time to upload on the site, good luck everyone ^__^
Old 16-12-2010, 02:06 AM   #1503
spoiLars

After having been bogged down with work for the past week I finally had some time off again tonight, so I thought I'd try to get back in for some DW goodness. Well, turns out, this hand painting texture thing takes a bunch of time. Been sitting here with this for a while now, starting to realize this probably wont happen Here's where I'm at now, its 4am and I have to get up and hit the road at 7:30

Old 16-12-2010, 02:24 AM   #1504
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Grats to all who've made the finish line...to the rest of you...HURRY UP!!!

Well, it could use about 12 more hours of work, but I hosed the latest version of my XCF file, so that won't be happening.

Hope no-one notices I didn't put the class on there...doh!
Attached Images

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #1505
nooby

its seams like I've finished my character however
have been sitting at the computer for past 10 hours continuously to meet deadline...
many of the stuff on the character I left almost untextured and didn't spent all triangles unfortunately.... anyway I'm glad its over so far)))
Thanks to everyone guys
ah.. and btw - diffuse only

nooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #1506
Dack

question

I'm trying to finish it right now. I have untill midnight right??
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 02:51 AM   #1507
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
depends on your time zone.

Tighten Up The Graphics On Level 3

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #1508
LTX

Yay last minute submission, go procrastination!

I really want to re-render the final...but i cant access marmoset here and 3d max rendering is just horrible. Ah well, at least i learned a good number of things from doing this.
Attached Images

LTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #1509
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Here is my final : )
had fun. also the finals being here by u guys are really awesome.
Attached Images

ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #1510
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Great been trying to get my character submitted, atleast 15 mins before dead line and it didn't let me in, even changed my password and everything....oh well

here is the final product...rushed like always

Great job and good luck to all

SKETCHES & WIPs

Last edited by RogerP; 16-12-2010 at 05:12 AM..
RogerP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #1511
Dack

I don't think im gonna make the midnight dead line but im gonna finish it anyways.
Old 16-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #1512
spoiLars

holy crap, that was literately 45 seconds before the deadline

There was undoubtedly still a whole lot that needed to be done with this character, but at least I managed to submit what I had on time. Notes to self for next time: no mechanical characters, take out some vacation days in advance, purchase performance enhancing drugs from shady dude behind train station.
To sum it up, I didn't have time to do half the work on this as it needed, but it was fun none the less to take part in this with you guys. And even though I was away for large parts of it, I still learned a bunch from watching the rest of you go through the process. A good reminder that the workflow for creating assets for film vs games might not be as closely related as one might think.

Good job and good luck to all who finished, there is definitely some great work being submitted on behalf of 3dtotal this year as well.

Here are my hastily put together submission plates. This is what happens when you start setting up a layout 2,5 minutes before deadline. My old graphic design teacher would punch me in the face if he saw these

Now I have to get me some lava strength coffee, have to be on the road in an hour..
Old 16-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #1513
Dack

i give up for tonight it seems pointless working any longer since I missed the deadline. The texturing was taking me way longer then I thought it would but now I know what to expect
for next time.Ill upload my model tomorrow I feel exhausted.
Old 16-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #1514
Ricky Doherty
Banned.

Hi all.

Sorry it's been a while since I've been on - work is a bit mad at the mo.

I've got most of my model sorted, and my UVs, but I don't know if I now have time to do the texture painting. It will probably need more time than I have.
Ricky Doherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #1515
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
you don't have time - deadline was 3 hours before you posted.

still -- might as well finish up, nobody knows what's happening with the full comp

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote